• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

a little damage control

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No problem. Pull it together and move on. Dude I had a student land so hard on a Private checkride the DE wrote the plane up for a gear inspection. He took it like a man and passed the next week. Now hes flying for SKW.

He must have been my FO last week. Stuck the 3 wire and no bounce. FA's boobs fell half past her underwire bra. The pax relaxed and had a good laugh though at my aircraft carrier landing practice announcement during deplanning.

Even if the meeting doesn't go your way, chalk it up as a learning experience. During your next interview, put a positive spin on the experience. I think it will be little more than a speedbump.

What he said, you have 650 hours. Go get a job that falls in line with your experience level. Go fly cargo.
Uuuuuuhhh... The best place someone with this time belongs is in a 121 situation or flight instructing. Unless you're talking about a 2 pilot cargo operation. First off, 135 regs don't allow you to PIC your own aircraft until 1200 hours. Secondly, that is some of the most dangerous (and FUN, EXCITING, and QUALITY) time you'll ever spend in an aircraft.

As for the question-asker... Keep your head up, little gipper. This stuff is a beotch. It ain't easy coming off the street and passing the indoc, systems, and THEN they throw a plane in there as well... not easy. Just remember, this is going to happen to you for the rest of your career. Checkrides every 6 months, medicals (with the jelly-fingers and all) every 6 months, constant scrutiny, and stinky management EVERYWHERE! If this is REALLY where you wanna be, don't let a little washing-out get you down. Do more CPT flying and making those command decisions. You'll be alright. Otherwise, I'd reccomend another 200 hours of flight instructing with some REALLY BAD students where you really whip them into shape. That'll do it, plus you'll make more money than an FO and you'll have the holidays off!

Best of luck!

Shy

P.S. Where you at? Houston? STL?

accept the situation..you can't change what happened. now you must plan for the future.
i would get on airlineapps and keep sending them out. i would get a job flying something. the worst thing would be to just sit. get in something that's fast. i have a friend at Avant Air. A growing fractional like that could the stairladder back to glory and self confidence. you'd get the 900 hours, great experience, maybe become a captain there and have this whole thing figured out. i bet you'll look back and say it was the best thing that ever happened to you. pm me if you want to pursue it. we'll talk by phone on monday.

Last edited:
What he said, you have 650 hours. Go get a job that falls in line with your experience level. Go fly cargo.

as automted as a crj is i bet this guy would have more trouble with an old steam gauge machine.

Attitude is everything. They want you to finish they have already invested a lot of money in you. Come to the meeting with a good attitude. Good Luck.

First of all be honest with yourself. Take responsibility for your actions and dont blame your partner or your instructor. A lot of people have trouble in the sim or need extra sessions. If you didnt get recommended more than likely you had alot of trouble not just a little. Use this as a learning experience and be humble. If you were having trouble with the sim , IOE would have been much worse. Apply again somewhere else or gain experience and try again. It wont be the end of the world if you own the problem. The answer to your next interview question should be...... Yes i had difficulty and I fully intend to do better if given a another shot. I will study even harder and work on the flows etc. You can turn this into a positive if you elect to. Good luck!!!!

Over the years the biggest problem that I have seen in people having difficulty in the sim is fear. Fear of failure mostly. You have worked very hard and at a very rapid pace to get to where you are today. It all comes down to this. Your treating it like it is 4th down on the 1/2 yard line with 1 second on the clock in the Super Bowl. You are more than likely scared to fail. Well, you have now seen what it is like to fail. Yes, it is uncomfortable and embarrasing but not life threatening. YOU HAVE TO GET OVER YOUR FEAR OF FAILURE. If you know the flows and procedures, have even minimal flying skills and an attitude that you want to learn, then fear is your problem. Go to the meeting and tell them that. Tell them that you need some additional training and that in exchange for that you will someday be the best pilot and the best employee that they have. Good luck to you and I hope that this helps! PM me if you need to talk.

Latest resources

Back