Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

a little damage control

I assume you are in training at ASA. Just take them up on their offer, then come back and take the Check-Ride. Don't give up, you'll get there!

Chin up!

Maybe you should take this opportunity to find another career path, for multiple reasons. I hate this attitude everyone seems to have that anyone can do anything they want to if they just try, bull********************.

Another CAREER PATH? That's a little hasty doncha think man? I mean, even at 650 hrs TT he's invested a lot of time and $$ to just hang it up and go to culinary school or something! Don't get me wrong...I'm the last one you'll see defending the industry and what it's become...but it's a pretty freakin' good part time job once you climb the ladder a little ways! It wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor and it's not over now! And you can do anything you want to eventually if you have the right attitude, enough time, and aren't surrounded by people who are telling you to give up! (And for the original poster, everyone wants to know which airline so that they can give you better advice).

And dude, just so you know- there are people flying regional jets who don't belong in a 152 (women get many breaks in life). So, the moral of the story is do not- absolutely do not give up and take their offer ASAP!

[It wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor and it's not over now! And you can do .

You might want to check the history book on this one!!!

I'm guessing she's being funny... I had a chuckle. That's a movie line isn't it? Animal House maybe?

Uuuuuuhhh... The best place someone with this time belongs is in a 121 situation or flight instructing. Unless you're talking about a 2 pilot cargo operation. First off, 135 regs don't allow you to PIC your own aircraft until 1200 hours. Secondly, that is some of the most dangerous (and FUN, EXCITING, and QUALITY) time you'll ever spend in an aircraft.
My thoughts exactly. You can get in the right seat of an Ameriflight Brasillia or Western Air Metro with those hours, but no 135 pic unless you're VFR only.

Low time opportunity is a double edged sword. I see guys getting ice on their wings for the first time with 4 stripes on their shoulders, they lose airspeed, work themselves into a corner, etc. In the end, they learn to deal with it real quick, but it would have been easier to learn it from the right seat with an experienced captain.

I speak from personal experience on this one. I got into the left seat of a turboprop with just over 1200 hours, and without that right seat time I would have been in over my head even more than I already was.

As far as the washout goes, count it as experience, keep working at it. There's currently no shortage of opportunities.

For the record, in my CRJ newhire class most got extra sims, including folks with jet, mil and 121 time. Those who didn't need them were mostly prior 121/glass/FMS. In my upgrade class, half of us got a type bust either oral or ride, and a couple didn't make it at all. A whole hell of a lot more of us than you think have had horrible sim days and event busts, it just isn't discussed much. Absolutely positively not something to be ashamed of.

I did single pilot freight before and I can attest your primary objective is to get out of that with nothing more than a bunch of freightdog stories...many don't. Still the best flying experience I've ever seen.

Latest resources

Back