Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

a genuine question for XJT people from a CHQ pilot...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

91100 100 set

to the book
Okay, this will not degenerate into a bashing thread. I am a Chautauqua pilot and it's been awful hard to sort through all the noise the last few days.

I just have a few questions regarding the Expressjet fleet and pilot group. Namely, how many airplanes do you currently operate, and how many planned deliveries are scheduled in the future? How many pilots are currently on the list? I saw a reference somewhere on here about the impending transfer of flying will not create any furloughs, with the loss absorbed by attrition. I know XJT is a big company, but this seems a little far fetched, as "up to" 69 planes is alot. So whats the story?

Having started over at CHQ from another carrier after seeing flying not come to my previous employer (leaving my career very much in question at that time), I know how it is and am just looking for some numbers.

Thanks. And, again, this will NOT degenerate into another 4 pages of large font bashing.

they are going to keep the planes and fly them for someone else. Rumors are southwest in mexico or maybe jetblue. thats the rumor. So chaniqua will have to sh!t out 69 airplanes from somewhere.

The word is that the planes arent going to be given back. Stuff is in the works for us here at XJET and we should hear something soon about whtat they include. I dont know if that means if we dont return planes back to CAL if CHQ is supposed to find their own replacements or if that means CHQ flys nothing for CAL. Who knows really, believe it when you see it.
Hiring to stop this summer and run lean so not to have to furlough. Right now we have a little over 2500 pilots and the original plan was for 3000 pilots so with attrition this year they are saying even in a worst case senario no furloughs for anyone hired this year. We shall see.

3000 pilots / 270 airplanes = 5.5+ crews per airplane. That just does not make any sense. That would be the highest numbers for any of the 'regionals' out there.

alot of pilots on the list arent actually line pilots they either are only in the training center or mgmt pilots. Also factor in Military leaves and personal leaves and the actual number of active flying pilots is alot less.

And not that it makes a whole lot of difference but its 274 airplanes.

Is it true you CHQ guys have been losing alot of flying to Freedom? It would seem if that were true, that would free up some airframes for CAL.

paddlehigh said:
they are going to keep the planes and fly them for someone else. Rumors are southwest in mexico or maybe jetblue. thats the rumor. So chaniqua will have to sh!t out 69 airplanes from somewhere.
Little Bittter????

Bushhatesyou said:
Is it true you CHQ guys have been losing alot of flying to Freedom? It would seem if that were true, that would free up some airframes for CAL.

The MCO and FLL flying has been reallocated to Freedom for the most part. CHQ flying has been spread out through ATL and CVG.

question for you chq folks..are you guys cat 2 on the 145s? what are your weight and balance numbers on the 145 for pax and bags?

Geronimo4497 said:
3000 pilots / 270 airplanes = 5.5+ crews per airplane. That just does not make any sense. That would be the highest numbers for any of the 'regionals' out there.

The difference is, we do not staff for airframes. We staff block hours. It doesn't matter how many planes we have, we only staff for the work we have coming in. Right now, we have been given a lot of block hours from CAL, keeping our line divisor very high. If that goes down or we hire more people, the line divisor lowers and everyone is much the same, only we may have a few more days off.

Latest resources

Back