Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

a genuine question for XJT people from a CHQ pilot...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Genuine questions for CHQ guys?

If XJT keeps those 69 airplanes what is CHQ going to do? Are you going to buy A/c that are parked (Indy Air)? Relocate A/C from other feeds? Or are you guys SOL on the CAL deal?

These are genuine questions from an XJT guy with no hostility or smartass agenda.

Waborita said:
If XJT keeps those 69 airplanes what is CHQ going to do? Are you going to buy A/c that are parked (Indy Air)? Relocate A/C from other feeds? Or are you guys SOL on the CAL deal?

These are genuine questions from an XJT guy with no hostility or smartass agenda.

I think that everyone involved has the same questions, and unfortunately, only management really knows. All else is speculation.

Waborita said:

I don't think they will buy any air additional 50 seaters. Since the exact details of the agreement between XJT and CHQ haven't been released yet, this is just speculation... but I don't think CHQ is required to replace each aircraft up to 69. If XJT keeps all of them, I am sure CAL wouldn't mind that at all. Higher lease rates and less 50 seaters (which are starting to cost more with fuel going up).

I hate to see any pilot group reduced, major or regional. I've been on the receiving end of reductions.

However, from a business perspective, CAL is really making out in this deal.

look at it this way, CAL awards the flying to CHQ, expressjet don't want to lose the flying so they keep the aircraft. they take over the lease at a higher interest rate. now CHQ has no a/c to fly for CAL so expressjet does the flying. CAL just got expressjet to pay far the lease on 69 a/c, thus saving themselves some money.

Kip Dynomite said:
Are you high? XJT has been successful in the crazy regional market for a reason. The company has been around for 25 plus years.

25 years? That is so awesome! I'm so glad you have been around for that long!!! Look at Braniff! They were around 25 years ago!! Wow!

Looks like you are the first casuality of the "awesome" regional. Comair will be next, CHQ after that. It is all a whipsaw, and everyone will pay their price. Sucks you be you, but it'll be us after a few years.

ok lets get something straight XJT has *NOT* been around 25 years. XJT started just after 9/11. The company prior was Continental Express, a wholely owned subsiderary of CAL. Everyone one there was a CAL Employee just on the express side. XJT has never had to compete in the regional business because CAL owned all it's own feed. This is the first time they've ever had to worry about competition.

91 said:
No Cat 2. 195 winter/192 summer, kids are 87 and 82 (if I recall correctly). 30 lbs per checked bag, 30 lbs per carry-on bag going into the cargo bin, 60 lbs per heavy bag. 30 lbs per crew overnight bag in the closet, not included in the BOW, but flight kits and FA bags are included in the BOW.

No cat 2??Ummm....why not? Our numbers are a little lower than yours

aerobaticspilot said:
swa your company must be lying to you. They came to exjet and put a bid in on the mexico routes and exjet will fly them for you guys. I think you kinda got your panties in a bunch. haha

It was a joke, but I guess you didn't get it. I'll type more clearly and more slowly next time.

duc driver said:
look at it this way, CAL awards the flying to CHQ, expressjet don't want to lose the flying so they keep the aircraft. they take over the lease at a higher interest rate. now CHQ has no a/c to fly for CAL so expressjet does the flying. CAL just got expressjet to pay far the lease on 69 a/c, thus saving themselves some money.

Ding Ding Ding...we have a winner.

Latest resources

Back