Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

a genuine question for XJT people from a CHQ pilot...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kip Dynomite said:
Buy the stock know while it's low, because it's going up soon. Here's a stock tip...buy before late September.

Not so sure about the XJT stock tip, but ERJ (Embrarer) is probably a better bet, a whole family of RJs, Legacy biz jets and I just read an article that said they are taking orders left and right for the still uncertified VLJs (very light jets).

I am definately no stock expert, just like to trade a little, but I havent touched an airline stock in over two years. Used to hold LUV, DAL and CAL.
I'm into sin stocks now, alcohol, tobacco and firearms! :beer: :uzi:

Have a good day and Good luck to all my friends at ExpressJet!

91 said:
I just have a few questions regarding the Expressjet fleet and pilot group. Namely, how many airplanes do you currently operate, and how many planned deliveries are scheduled in the future? How many pilots are currently on the list? I saw a reference somewhere on here about the impending transfer of flying will not create any furloughs, with the loss absorbed by attrition. I know XJT is a big company, but this seems a little far fetched, as "up to" 69 planes is alot. So whats the story?

There's a lot of noise over here about the work being found for the 69 aircraft, but I am less optimistic. I think were gonna hand every single one back, except for maybe 20 XR's for Expressjet Europe. After all CAL only wants about 250 anyways, so XJT will play right into CAL's hands. If they want more they'll just ask for some of your 70 seaters, put in a small first class so it doesn't bump CAL's scope and get the pot brewing over there.
Sooner or later I see you guys flying 70's for CAL.

We have always been the cash cow, they are done with us, pure and simple.
Come in 3 years, they are gonna take another 25% away. I am willing to put money on it. This place is gonna turn into Eagle.

Not bitter, but that's they way I see it. Lot's of guys use the argument of the quality of our product in order to say that we'll find new work. But quality unfortunately is not the running rate right now and probably won't be for another 5 yrs, by then our quality product will be gone.

Hope managment proves me wrong.

Yep, I agree with 007. CAL is reaming us hard. Easy to see why ACA did what they did now, too bad it doesn't work. Maybe ChittyCaCa will give me my old job back for XJET pay minus 3 dollars per hour after expressjet furloughs me.

Kip Dynomite said:
Are you high? XJT has been successful in the crazy regional market for a reason. The company has been around for 25 plus years. They have a plan which makes more sense to obviously diversify their flying to include other carriers other than CAL. They have the good reputation and capabilities other airlines are looking for in order to expand their operations in the regional market. Period. This market is not going away in the near future. If no other plans were in the works; I know giving up a fourth of their fleet would not be an option. Buy the stock know while it's low, because it's going up soon. Here's a stock tip...buy before late September.

If they were able to hold on to the Continental flying, they would not have to diversify. Here's a better stock tip.....sell now before it's too late.

EMB Skillz said:
If they were able to hold on to the Continental flying, they would not have to diversify. Here's a better stock tip.....sell now before it's too late.

never mind

proud_dude said:
I am sorry to be so petty, but I just HAVE to say it... I read SOOOOO many threads where people use the word "alot". It is 2 words.. a lot. I know I'll get bashed for even mentioning this, but I just had to, it is annoying me. Sorry to offend, as a former english teacher, I just had to try to get people to start using the word properly before it shows up in Websters!

Just like you are "an ass" 2 words!

swa your company must be lying to you. They came to exjet and put a bid in on the mexico routes and exjet will fly them for you guys. I think you kinda got your panties in a bunch. haha

aerobaticspilot said:
swa your company must be lying to you. They came to exjet and put a bid in on the mexico routes and exjet will fly them for you guys. I think you kinda got your panties in a bunch. haha

Good, let them invade Mexico. That would be a refreshing change.

EMB Skillz said:
Good, let them invade Mexico. That would be a refreshing change.

Invade Mexico?

Apparently you're not doing your homework. CAL/XJT has 28 destinations in Mexico, which with no doubt you guys are gonna start flying too.

Your high and mighty butt is gonna have to "invade" Mexico first. Once you get your upgrade, of course.

Latest resources

Back