Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

a genuine question for XJT people from a CHQ pilot...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll take that one, Alex . . . .

Bushhatesyou said:
Is it true you CHQ guys have been losing alot of flying to Freedom? It would seem if that were true, that would free up some airframes for CAL.

Alot? Only if CHQ is a heck of alot smaller than I think it is. Freedom only flies 14 ERJ's for Delta. And Freedom only flies for Delta.

(and I guess 10 Dash-8's in a few months, assuming they can find anyone to do it . . . last I heard: Street captains and new hire fo's. Plus some dual-qualified CRJ/D8 types. Let the good times roll . . . )

ExpressJet will find a home for 20 jets, the rest will go back. I have been saying on here for months that Continental has too many 50 seaters. This is a perfect opportunity to reduce them.

Southwest or Jetblue... I take it that was a joke?

All the US majors have their 50 seater feed pretty much spoken for. If Coex had Mesa type costs, I could see maybe someone picking them up, but they don't. Remember how quickly Mesa got contracts after USair dumped them? Within a month they had a new agreement with United and Delta in place.

However, Coex costs are going to be even higher than they are now, because the leases are going up. I see Coex being able to place around 20 jets somewhere outside of the US, probably Mexico or Europe. Then they may take a few more jets to start another flyi experiment. The problem with that is the CAL scope... can they operate aircraft over 50 seats or would they have to get another certificate?

Geronimo4497 said:
3000 pilots / 270 airplanes = 5.5+ crews per airplane. That just does not make any sense. That would be the highest numbers for any of the 'regionals' out there.

Our staffing is 5.5 crews per aircraft

X-Jet to feed Southwest!!!! Are you outta your mind!?!?!?!?!?!??!

The way I heard it was that Southwest is going to feed X-Jet's Mexico operation....

paddlehigh said:
they are going to keep the planes and fly them for someone else. Rumors are southwest in mexico or maybe jetblue. thats the rumor. So chaniqua will have to sh!t out 69 airplanes from somewhere.

Sure, the E145s will be a lot cheaper when the new XJT venture fails. Hopefully, that will happen before a majority of the aircraft will have to be re-painted in COEX colors.

Are you high? XJT has been successful in the crazy regional market for a reason. The company has been around for 25 plus years. They have a plan which makes more sense to obviously diversify their flying to include other carriers other than CAL. They have the good reputation and capabilities other airlines are looking for in order to expand their operations in the regional market. Period. This market is not going away in the near future. If no other plans were in the works; I know giving up a fourth of their fleet would not be an option. Buy the stock know while it's low, because it's going up soon. Here's a stock tip...buy before late September.

generaltso said:
ExpressJet will find a home for 20 jets, the rest will go back. I have been saying on here for months that Continental has too many 50 seaters. This is a perfect opportunity to reduce them.

Southwest or Jetblue... I take it that was a joke?

All the US majors have their 50 seater feed pretty much spoken for. If Coex had Mesa type costs, I could see maybe someone picking them up, but they don't. Remember how quickly Mesa got contracts after USair dumped them? Within a month they had a new agreement with United and Delta in place.

However, Coex costs are going to be even higher than they are now, because the leases are going up. I see Coex being able to place around 20 jets somewhere outside of the US, probably Mexico or Europe. Then they may take a few more jets to start another flyi experiment. The problem with that is the CAL scope... can they operate aircraft over 50 seats or would they have to get another certificate?

Um no XJT would not have to get another cert for any flying. It is the Scope clause with CAL that limits flying and airplanes but the cert does not limit XJT from flying anywhere. Lets hope that XJT folks their families and careers are not really effected by decisions of management.

Last edited:
145EXR said:
question for you chq folks..are you guys cat 2 on the 145s? what are your weight and balance numbers on the 145 for pax and bags?

No Cat 2. 195 winter/192 summer, kids are 87 and 82 (if I recall correctly). 30 lbs per checked bag, 30 lbs per carry-on bag going into the cargo bin, 60 lbs per heavy bag. 30 lbs per crew overnight bag in the closet, not included in the BOW, but flight kits and FA bags are included in the BOW.

A Lot

Soverytired said:
Alot? Only if CHQ is a heck of alot smaller than I think it is. Freedom only flies 14 ERJ's for Delta. And Freedom only flies for Delta.

(and I guess 10 Dash-8's in a few months, assuming they can find anyone to do it . . . last I heard: Street captains and new hire fo's. Plus some dual-qualified CRJ/D8 types. Let the good times roll . . . )

I am sorry to be so petty, but I just HAVE to say it... I read SOOOOO many threads where people use the word "alot". It is 2 words.. a lot. I know I'll get bashed for even mentioning this, but I just had to, it is annoying me. Sorry to offend, as a former english teacher, I just had to try to get people to start using the word properly before it shows up in Websters!

Latest resources

Back