Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CL604DRVR

Could someone who is familiar with the language in the TA answer the following:

On home basing-- new hires hired after 11-21-05 will be based in the five domiciles. Will you be able to home base as you build seniority? If so what are the ratios for HB and non-HB

Both the 18 day flex and the 7 & 7 schedule have 1st year scales. Is there any reasonable chance that a junior pilot can get a 7 & 7 or did the TA limit the total number of each schedule types.

Is there any forum where non-employees can read the TA in its entirety

Thanks.

CL604DRVR said:

On home basing-- new hires hired after 11-21-05 will be based in the five domiciles. Will you be able to home base as you build seniority? If so what are the ratios for HB and non-HB

Yes you will but it could be awhile in coming. Here's the section of the TA that lays it out.

13.1(b) Home Base Airport Participation
The Company may limit Crewmember participation in the Home Base Airport system to thirty (30) percent of the total number of Crewmembers on the most current seniority list, including crewmembers who have relinquished Home Base Airport rights pursuant to Section 13.2(b). Such percentage may be less than thirty (30) percent if crewmembers designate Domiciles, or more than thirty (30) percent because of grandfather rights as defined in Section 13.1(a).

If hired after ratification, a pilot would have to wait until the total number of pilots using the HBA system would drop below 30%. Seeing as how the entire current pilot force is grandfathered in, it could take some time to whittle down. I've heard that currently we have 30% of our pilots at one of the domiciles. That number would have to grow to 70% before a new hire could bid the HBA.

Both the 18 day flex and the 7 & 7 schedule have 1st year scales. Is there any reasonable chance that a junior pilot can get a 7 & 7 or did the TA limit the total number of each schedule types.
Honestly, who knows? I have no idea how popular the Reserve is going to be. I do know that if it is unpopular, it could take forever to get off it.

Not yet. I'll fire the Executive Board a note and ask them if they want us to put it up on the part of the site where anyone can see it. No promises though.

CL604DRVR said:

Yes, new-hires after ratification can bid into HBA as their seniority allows. The company can limit participation to 30% of the pilots on the seniority list. All pilots on the seniority list are grandfathered and those grandfathred pilots who elect to use HBA count towards the 30% participation level.

The Reserve (18-day) schedule does pay more and has caps on participation at 10% min and 40% max. No one nows for sure if it will be filled with more senior guys looking for extra income or how many pilots will be forced into it. Schedules will be bid quarterly. And exit from the Reserve schedule is based on seniority, too.

Thanks.

I don't know where the TA is posted for persons who are not members of the union.

I hope that answers your questions. If not, PM me and I'll try to provide some answers for you.

Thanks guys and congrats on what appears at least on the surface to be a pretty good deal. You guys raised the bar and now the rest of us look like midgets.

One more question. With the domiciles will you be assigned to cover more than one airport in the area or will you always report to PBI TEB ect. Example S. FL Flex crews must drive to any of the airports in the area MIA thru PBI with no duty time or mileage allotted for your extra drive.

CL604DRVR said:
One more question. With the domiciles will you be assigned to cover more than one airport in the area or will you always report to PBI TEB ect. Example S. FL Flex crews must drive to any of the airports in the area MIA thru PBI with no duty time or mileage allotted for your extra drive.

The TA contains a provision requiring pilots assigned to a domicile to also select one airport from a list of "satellite" airports designated by the company. The satellite airport must be within 45 miles of the domicile and within 90 miles of your residence. If the company requires you to start a tour at the satellite, they must return to you the satellite airport. And they have to pay for parking if none is provided. At this time, there has been no list of satellite airports published.

The TA also requires that a new-hire be assigned a domicile in the official offer of employment, instead of finding out during indoc.

Why are you complaining about $39k as first year pay? What do the other fracs start at? What do they end up at? You want your 6-figure 5 year pay, you can't start at $70k.

If you want to start at $50k, go to JetBlue.TC

From what I understand the concerning post ratification new hires, the company will "assign" a domicile for all new hires and that will be part of the job offer. So you can live anywhere you wish but the company decides where you must be on day one. IE...you could live in MCO but DFW may be your domicile. Thats the sucky part for all new hires. You may have a move in your future if you come here.

Latest resources

Back