A Few NetJets Questions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ghostrider64 said:
From what I understand the concerning post ratification new hires, the company will "assign" a domicile for all new hires and that will be part of the job offer. So you can live anywhere you wish but the company decides where you must be on day one. IE...you could live in MCO but DFW may be your domicile. Thats the sucky part for all new hires. You may have a move in your future if you come here.

Your understanding is correct. Section 13 (interesting choice on the number) does say that new-hires will be given their domicile assignment in their official employment offer. And like you said, new-hires can live wherever they want as long as they are in position at their domicile prior to duty.

It's rather like the current status quo.

You'll be on the reserve pay scale during training and probably for a quarter or two afterwards unless you finish IOE just as bids for the next quarter are closing.
1st year reserve pay is $46.3K. We average 10% overtime & holiday pay so you should make over $50K if you can stay on reserve for a year. And my per diem (adjusted for the new rate) has averaged $570/month over the past 4 months. We usually don't have to buy many meals because of an excellent crew food program. And don't forget, Medical/Dental insurance is free.

No one knows how senior reserve will go. With up to 40% allowed initially I doubt we'll hit that cap but who knows.

Don't count on home basing anytime soon. With all pilots currently grandfathered and a max cap of 30%, my math shows we'll need to grow from 2200 to over 5000 pilots before any new hires get home basing. That's assuming around 70% of current pilots will use HBA and does not allow for attrition.

AirBear

Last edited:
Base assignment

For new hires.... my guess will be...
You come in for the interview, they offer an assignment, you dont like it and make a counter offer, like " Gee, I really want to come and work here but cannot take the LAX assignment, what else ya got? OR.. I cant work out of LAX but sure will go to DAL or CMH .. When do you think you will have one of those assignments available?

It may turn out to be sort of a pool for applicants. You get selected, and wait for some hot spot to turn you on and go to that area.

Not saying this is the way it will be .....just the way it could turn out.

We did that with aircraft assignments in years past where Pilots wanted a specific plane and were willing to wait for a class date in the future to get it.

They may continue that past practice when hiring picks up ( The CEO told us 120 more new hires this year, dont see how they are going to do it though) and a bunch next year. We will see....

No kidding, man. With one less workday and the big increase in pay from the 7 and 7, I think reserve will be the schedule of choice for many.

AirBear8 said:
You'll be on the reserve pay scale during training and probably for a quarter or two afterwards unless you finish IOE just as bids for the next quarter are closing.
That provision could make upgrades interesting, since some PIC openings may be passed up by folks based on timing of the bids. What I mean by that is because many will want to minimize their time on reserve, they may hold off on a bid in order to try for a more advantageous timeframe. Just a thought.

acaTerry said:
No kidding, man. With one less workday and the big increase in pay from the 7 and 7, I think reserve will be the schedule of choice for many.

The reserve schedule is 18 days per month, per Section 19.3.

As for it being the schedule of choice, we'll see. I think it will go senior, but they can force junior pilots into it, per restrictions in the proposal.

Guitar Guy said:
Your understanding is correct. Section 13 (interesting choice on the number) does say that new-hires will be given their domicile assignment in their official employment offer.

That's how it should be anyway, since you have to get to your domicile on your own.

This way, a potential new-hire can decide if they want to accept the offer or not, as opposed to having to quit during idoc after finding out they are required to move because of their domicile assingment.

ultrarunner said:
That's how it should be anyway, since you have to get to your domicile on your own.

This way, a potential new-hire can decide if they want to accept the offer or not, as opposed to having to quit during idoc after finding out they are required to move because of their domicile assingment.

I agree. It's better to know that info up front instead of getting potentially blind-sided during training. It's also nice to know the fleet assignment, too, at the time of the offer.

Latest resources

Back