A few more questions for Netjets drivers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

twiddle

I interviewed in early May and just thought of a few things I didn't ask then.

1. Can you use the Blackberry for personal calls?

2. Assuming you supply your own headsets, is there any plane that is too loud for the Telex 750? (Like the EMB-145 I used to fly) Or do people use the Bose.

3. As far as the pay difference for aircraft >40,000 lbs. Is that all Falcon 2000's or just the EX/Easy?

4. What is the difference between an Ultra and an Encore?

Thanks

1. Can you use the Blackberry for personal calls?

Probably just as well you didn't ask that at the interview. :laugh:

Yes, you can. Be smart about it and don't abuse it, but a few minutes here and there to call home is no issue at all. My personal Verizon phone sounds so much better, though, that I don't bother with the Blackberry once I get to the hotel. The BB isn't great as a phone, but it'll suffice when I'm working. (No point in carrying two phones around during the day.)

2. Assuming you supply your own headsets, is there any plane that is too loud for the Telex 750? (Like the EMB-145 I used to fly) Or do people use the Bose.
I used the Telex 750 for my initial training flight in the Excel, and immediately ordered a Bose QuietComfort 2 and a UFlyMike adapter for it. The air noise in the Excel can get very loud, particularly around 300 knots. You'll need to wear earplugs with the 750, then turn the volume up so much that you get a feedback squeal every time you turn your head. It's awful.

Even if I didn't need ANR, I'd want my own headset anyway because I don't really want splatters from somebody else's crew meal sitting 1/2" from my lips. :puke:

3. As far as the pay difference for aircraft >40,000 lbs. Is that all Falcon 2000's or just the EX/Easy?
Just the EX/Easy, the BBJ, and the large Gulfstreams. Neither of the first two are likely at all for a newhire, and the Gulfstreams are only possible after you've been at NJA for two years. So the up-to-40K payscales are the ones you should look at.

4. What is the difference between an Ultra and an Encore?
They're the same basic cabin as far as the passengers are concerned. Main differences are that the Encore has a hot wing (versus the Ultra's boots), trailing-link gear for softer landings, and the Honeywell FMZ-2000 FMS that's shared with several of our other aircraft, versus the less-capable GNS-XLS box in the Ultra. The Encore Plus goes a step further, replacing the Honeywell avionics with the Collins Proline 21 system.

Last edited:
I interviewed in early May and just thought of a few things I didn't ask then.

1. Can you use the Blackberry for personal calls? Yes, but use good judgement and don't go crazy with it. There is nothing wrong with calling your wife when you get to the hotel.

2. Assuming you supply your own headsets, is there any plane that is too loud for the Telex 750? (Like the EMB-145 I used to fly) Or do people use the Bose. No clue. I've only flown the Ultra and use a Bose. There are guys that use a Telex 750 and do just fine. Personal choice.

3. As far as the pay difference for aircraft >40,000 lbs. Is that all Falcon 2000's or just the EX/Easy? Just the Easy.

4. What is the difference between an Ultra and an Encore? Encore has upgraded engines, trailing link gear, better FMS. From a PAX standpoint, you can't really tell a difference. The Encore+ has the Collins Proline avionics package that is a vast improvement to the Ultra.

Thanks

Hope that helps.

Question withdrawn due to the fact that I am a moron...and forgot that I asked the same question in another thread but never checked the answer...thanks for answering again though guys!...

Last edited:
I am just curious as to how the flying is divided up. I have heard that some of the fractionals only allow FO's to fly empty legs..and again, NOT to sound petty (because I don't consider myself super pilot or anything), but with my experience, I would consider this slightly insulting.

This exact question was asked recently in another thread. By you, in fact. Did you not see it?

Rather than rehash it, I'll point you to it:

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=1592764&postcount=10

Hope that helps.

NJA has a minimum time the SIC must have in order to fly pax legs. As soon as that is met I switch legs. SIC can sit in the left seat on ferry legs if the desire hits.

I'm not sure if you knew this but all our pilots are fully typed and qualified in both seats.

CA1900, you are too fast!!!!!

Personally, I don't fly from the left seat all that often. It is a pain to swap stuff over and shift the seats to accommodate my petite frame. :rolleyes: I only swap prior to my training events to re-familiarize myself, but each his/her own.

Encore Plus will be a good fleet. Decent sized fleet, good aircraft, top of the line avionics, and goes everywhere.

Thanks for the quick reply, one more question. Do the long range planes (G200, Citation X etc.) usually only fly the longest legs or is there a good mix of short hops in between?

If you get the X plan on doing a few trans cons. Five hours in a tight cockpit. If you get the 200; I have heard it varies but yes, they do long legs also. I don't think any fleet does just one type of flying, but there are several fleets that don't have the "legs" to do longer hauls. (400, ultra/encore, 800)

Latest resources

Back