Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yet another NJA questions..

not related to flight duration but..
does anyone know if Netjets require a furlough pilot to resign his seniority number ?

Damn and i thought cuagoga country to burke lakefront was fast.

VNY 16R to 1500 feet, left turn to BUR 08. I'm reminded of rear ends and arm joints....;)

does anyone know if Netjets require a furlough pilot to resign his seniority number ?

Unless NetJets is exactly where you want to be, don't waste our time. We don't want you. Stay at the crappy airline that furloughed you. There are a lot of pilots that consider NetJets their number one destination. Unless its yours as well, stay away.

It is not required.

No, truth is they are not worried about it. If you belong here, you won't want to go back to that rat race anyway.

Encore coast-to-coast

If you get the X plan on doing a few trans cons. Five hours in a tight cockpit. If you get the 200; I have heard it varies but yes, they do long legs also. I don't think any fleet does just one type of flying, but there are several fleets that don't have the "legs" to do longer hauls. (400, ultra/encore, 800)

Not sure what plane Capt Dad is in but try this one on for size. It was an actual flight in the Encore. Part 135, FLL - Waco (very quick fuel stop) then on to SAN. Yes, above FL350 so O2 was required and to top it off, a smoker in the back. After that trip still had a ferry to LAS. So, if owner requests a type of plane and want to go coast-to-coast then it shall be. It's all in a day's work.

I can beat that

VNY-GCK-BVY-TEB in an Encore arriving at approximately 4am

or my personal favorite in recent memory

BZN-CYVR-FAR (at 2am to clear customs)- PIT.
Got into PIT at 6am - redeye flying sucks, I don't know how you cargo types do it...

My best in the Encore was SAF-JAX and a ferry from TMB to PWM.

In the Ultra...SEA-GCK-MIA. Good times.

Unless NetJets is exactly where you want to be, don't waste our time. We don't want you. Stay at the crappy airline that furloughed you. There are a lot of pilots that consider NetJets their number one destination. Unless its yours as well, stay away.

Since you think you are omnipotent, you can guarantee a lifetime of employment with no chance of furlough at netjets right? If so I guess someone wouldn't need to hold onto that fallback card and it would be wise to give it up because you know all and all netjet pilots will be safe from any loss of employment forever. There are never personality conflicts in training and no pilots ever have family conflicts at netjets because you are watching over all. I guess we all can stop using the name of God and just pray to cavpilot.

Relax, it's just an opinion! Keep the number - good for you for getting one. Could really pay off in the future, like you said, you never know! Heck I thought United was the place to be in early 2001. I was kind of bummed I 'only' got hired by NetJets back then . . . now I feel real lucky and help all I can those who want to be here.

Latest resources

Back