• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A few more questions for Netjets drivers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since you think you are omnipotent, you can guarantee a lifetime of employment with no chance of furlough at netjets right? If so I guess someone wouldn't need to hold onto that fallback card and it would be wise to give it up because you know all and all netjet pilots will be safe from any loss of employment forever. There are never personality conflicts in training and no pilots ever have family conflicts at netjets because you are watching over all. I guess we all can stop using the name of God and just pray to cavpilot.

You are missing the point. The point being that we need people that want to be here. I don't want fly with anyone who plans on using my company as a backup plan until he or she gets recalled. Most of our guys do a great job. However, occasionally you get the "honor" of flying with one of the aforementioned individuals. Their indifference shows.

I've talked to a lot of young, bright, eager pilots that have NetJets as there ultimate goal. Those are the pilots I want to fly with.

BTW, if you choose to deify me, you better start capitalizing my name. :cool:

Come down off the clock tower already. I agree with you but, each his or her own man.:)

Easy CAV!

No worries! I agree with CAV. If you don't wanna stoop to being a lowly Frac Pilot, don't!

I would obviously rather be with somebody that wants to be here.

But, if you inteview and are hired good for you. Here is how I percieve your future to be;

Furloughed at BrandX, hired at Netjets! (Good for you!).

3 or 4 years at Netjets and a couple hundred seniority numbers and you get called back to the "Big Show". (Good for you!)

A few more years there and whoops! Furloughed again! (OOOHHHH.....)

Then you can apply at Netjets again and I hope you get hired.

Right back where you started from.

Remember me? Yeah buddy from INDOC at Netjets?

Well I'm an 8 year CPT now and you are living the perpetual life of a newhire.

One other thing, Netjets doesn't have any authority to designate whether BrandX calls you back? That doesn't make sense.

Hell man, give it a try. I think you'll find that the guys here are every bit as professional as "you from most high"!

If not, Go %$&^$^%&% yourself! (sorry, thats just my lowlife military and Frac backround)

I recall in 2002 in INDOC at Netjets and this female from USAIR says, "I don't see why they don't just put me in the BBJ, I'm already typed in it". My response was so am I! The funny part is 2 other guys answered at the same time!

Oh and the other guy from American that got furloughed and my buddy ask me to help him at Flexjet.

He says, "I guess I'm to overqualified", I can't get hired? I ask him "How many type ratings do you have"?

He says "C-130". "Dude" (says I), "you ain't over qualified".

Good luck to you all falling on hard times.

But get your heads out off your a$$es, be thankfull for what you have, thank the Lord for the blessings you have recieved, and drive on.

Last edited:
I can relate to the issue of seniority resignation as well. I've been at ABX Air (the airline formerly known as Airborne Express) for the past ten years. As I'm sure most of you are aware, DHL announced two weeks ago that they're going to start contracting their flying to UPS. With ten years seniority, I'm only 97 numbers from the bottom and am facing a furlough (this will be the third one from five airlines over the past 17 years).

I'm currently trying to get on at NJA. I just submitted my app last week after the announcement at ABX. I have two internal recs as well as another friend that had a couple people in CMH walk my app in.

With this furlough I'm now finished with the airlines. Life is a whole lot different now with a family to support. NJA is where I want to be in large part due to the stability. The two friends I have there love it and they both came from airlines where I flew with them. I'm not interested in flying heavy jets anymore. After 17 years I've realized that is not in the least bit important. Job security is far more important than what you fly.

This leads me to the issue of seniority resignation. If I'm so lucky as to eventually obtain an interview and a job offer from NJA in the future, I would be more than willing to resign my seniority # at ABX, however, with that said, I would also be stupid to do so if I don't have to. Not that I will ever have the desire to return to the airlines, but like likeitis and Schrode pointed out, no one can predict the future, and having already been down this road two other times, it just makes sense to never close any doors you don't have to close.

This leads me to the issue of seniority resignation. If I'm so lucky as to eventually obtain an interview and a job offer from NJA in the future, I would be more than willing to resign my seniority # at ABX, however, with that said, I would also be stupid to do so if I don't have to. Not that I will ever have the desire to return to the airlines, but like likeitis and Schrode pointed out, no one can predict the future, and having already been down this road two other times, it just makes sense to never close any doors you don't have to close.

NetJets is no tin the practice of asking pilots to resign former seniority.

It's just not worth anything really.

You'll stay if you like it and we hope you like it. If not, ok then.

Next.

Good luck!

When I interviewed 4 years ago, I was asked if I would resign my Independence Air seniority number. I told them "No." The guys interviewing me looked confused by my answer, so I asked if I could clarify.

I told them that I have a young family to be responsible for and if I got hired, there is no guarantee I would make it through training. Therefore I needed to keep as many seniority numbers in my back pocket for the welfare of my kids.

I also added that if Independence Air recalled me I would not go back. FWIW, I was recalled and I kept my word (easy decision).

I was hired, and can say with good authority that you will not be asked that question. If they turn you down for that reason, I would like to know who interviewed you.

Good luck.

Latest resources

Back