• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9e

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I didn't know the airport code for atlanta was msp. Go figure.

Moving the fsdo to atl is a bluff to get msp to act like a more business friendly operation. Doubtful it'll work and it'll still be msp in charge.

I just don't think Delta can push their weight around like this without long lasting repercussions, and why risk it for a regional that will bleed money for years to come. Unless the plan is to go into another chapter 13 and run Anderson to American for another future merger.

Anyway, jepps are coming.

Source: FAA inspector.. Some MEM FAA will work remotely out of MEM. (yeah I know it makes zero sense because of the small amount of flying actually done out of Memphis)

Source: FAA inspector.. Some MEM FAA will work remotely out of MEM. (yeah I know it makes zero sense because of the small amount of flying actually done out of Memphis)

Not saying anyone is wrong, but this would be a major FAA change. Most carriers don't move FFDO's. if you look up most carriers, things don't move from where the certificate is originally located.

Time will tell, and I'm not saying it won't/isn't happening, but it would be interesting to see. Especially since the MEM FSDO has worked very will for the 9E cerficate (in terms of working well for changes). MSP was notoriously named as a PITA by all the mgmt folks I have spoken to (inclusive of MSP folks).

I think this ride has a few more "ups and downs" left in the roller coaster.

Wasn't the MEM FSDO guy a 9E ex-CP, TM?

He was before my time there, but good guy from what I heard, put pilots first and apparently that was used to eventually can him. I also heard through some bit of irony that he was the head honcho in MEM so I assume that meant some sort of FSDO guy. Or POI. Something, I don't know what.

I stated it poorly in the title and should have said the MSP FSDO will be in charge of the Pinnacle certificate moving forward. This is not a rumor but a done deal. There are some quality individuals in this group so hopefully it will be a good move.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back