• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9e / XJ Integration

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Have you even been paying attention with what is happening at 9E? Our union has been helpless with the NMB not moving one bit! If anything they have put us on ice, AGAIN! And YOU can't walk until the NMB releases you into self help, then you have a 30 day cooling period, and then you can strike. The only other "walk" is you quit your job or get furloughed when assets (read: CRJs only) from your airline are transferred to Pinnacle.

Faith and Phil should NEVER go in the same sentence. Your faith has been sorely misplaced. And you will regret it. 9E mgt is out to screw you. Wake up and smell the screwing! This will not drag on. Nothing stops Phil and the gang from doing an asset transfer and moving your airplanes, and then merging the props to Colgan. That union and ALPA merger policy (SLI rules) will only come into effect when it is a MERGER.

Bull!!!! you can all walk whenever you darn well please. See the NYC bus strike a couple years ago. The only thing you need is a group (and especially the union leaders) with a giant set of brass ones to basically tell the NMB and the government to blow them! They can't and won't throw everyone in jail. Is it risky, sure. So is everything else about this job.

Bull!!!! you can all walk whenever you darn well please.

City bus systems don't fall under the RLA. The American pilots tried that with a sick out in the 90's over an acquisition/merger. The monetary damages awarded by the Federal Courts essentially broke the APA. Their next contract after that was concessionary in order to satisfy the damage award. If an ALPA property tries that they will be excommunicated by ALPA so fast they won't recognize the quicksand they will be standing in. PNCL management has in the past used the Federal Court system and appears to be willing to use it again.

Last edited:
They were under order not to strike and did it anyway. Not sure how that would be different. I did say it would be risky, everyone may well end up out of work for good. Also everyone should be putting pressure on their rep/senator to repeal the RLA.

City bus systems don't fall under the RLA. The American pilots tried that with a sick out in the 90's over an acquisition/merger. The monetary damages awarded by the Federal Courts essentially broke the APA. Their next contract after that was concessionary in order to satisfy the damage award. If an ALPA property tries that they will be excommunicated by ALPA so fast they won't recognize the quicksand they will be standing in. PNCL management has in the past used the Federal Court system and appears to be willing to use it again.
MAIR used the Federal Court system too. Believe me, this is my 5th holdings company since I started here. XJ has been through alot, maybe more than 9E. We have been successfully released in the past. Our MEC is strong, resilient, and resourceful. They can actually be an asset to 9E negotiations and bring a signable TA to the table. Don't think we haven't dealt with a management team like this before. If we work together, we can succeed. If you (all negative posters) continue to propogate the negative, you will only cause a division in the pilot groups and we will DEFINATELY fail. Time to get on the same team here.

I'm not your FO yet. Lots of 9E guys are forgetting it's a union matter. If we don't get something that's fair, we walk or it goes to mediation. Is there a chance we here at XJ could get screwed really, really, bad? You bet. But I still have faith that even Phil and his management team don't want this to get ugly and drag on.......could be wrong though. The Mesaba MEC will be running the show going forward as 9E MEC has asked us to lead the way.

So you think this is going to turn out differently than the Colgan - PCL integration arbitration? Precedent is already set bud... just saying.

you're an errand boy sent by grocery clerks to collect a bill...

Latest resources

Back