9E Wins Race to Bottom

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[/COLOR]

that cracks me up, from your ac experience list I would of thought you would know better

Yep I know better. I know you can't run the 50 seaters in a branded operation and make any money. Had FlyI been flying 700s or 900s instead of 200s it could have been very different. Go ahead and laugh. If DL thinks they are going to strongar Akin like they have everyone else, Akin may end up with the last laugh.

Yep I know better. I know you can't run the 50 seaters in a branded operation and make any money. Had FlyI been flying 700s or 900s instead of 200s it could have been very different. Go ahead and laugh. If DL thinks they are going to strongar Akin like they have everyone else, Akin may end up with the last laugh.

Ha ha ha, I don't think there's anyone more shrewd or ruthless than Delta's management team. There's morals and ethics at their finest. There are those that will say it's just business, and everyone's doing it. It's sad but true. In this business one must at least do what their competitor is doing or do it better or their out of business. Delta's giving every other airline a lesson on how to be cutthroat.

Ding ding ding we have a winner. The MRJ will allow Skywest to run a profitable stand alone operation if needed. Akin and company aren't stupid. They've seen what happened to Comair (hostile buyout by DL), and ACA/Fly I and Express Jet when they tried to run stand alone operations with 50 seaters. Skywest has a vehicle to get rid of the 50 seaters and replace them with aircraft they can run in a branded operation at a profit, if needed. Delta better be careful, because unlike Comair in 98, they don't have the leverage for force a hostile takeover of Skywest and if it gets nasty, they will end up with a competent management team running a well resourced airline that will have the capacity to give them a very difficult time.

Ummmmmm, no. How long did Indy Air last "stand alone?" (You had a front row seat, too). They had plenty of cash, but everyone else gave them the squeeze. Also, if they tried that, they could lose their feed contracts, or guaranteed money. Not likely to happen, and very foolish if it did. Indy Air was the perfect example. Also, tell me where there is room for a "new" airline to set up shop and not "bother" a legacy or LCC? The city would have to be big enough too to support the new venture. Indy Air tried IAD, and still couldn't survive long. Also, you don't seem to understand what other things a new venture would need, like reservation systems, advertising, and all of the other things they currently don't have themselves. Southwest STILL doesn't have IT systems that can handle INTL reservations, they have to use AirTran's system and planes for INTL ops. It's kinda complicated...... Unlikely.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
So is taking a 40% paycut or voting to drop the bar on the industry even though your job will be gone whence you do. Just sayin'.

So is taking a 40% paycut or voting to drop the bar on the industry even though your job will be gone whence you do. Just sayin'.

Have you heard those MFers on the radio? Half of them speak broken Spanglish.. I'm sure most of them are just happy to be in America.

News for ya buddy.. You work at a regional.. There is no ball to drop! Once you hit your 10 year at a regional.. It's just a reminder how effed you are.

The only thing ALPA does with the regional pilots is take their money.
The regionals do what their mainline partners tell them to do.

Latest resources

Back