• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E Wins Race to Bottom

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's a 7 year TA, so multiply $16k x 7 then subtract $10K for total loss from TA. He isn't a part of the flow, his best shot would be an interview after all the flow get through so that's- what 3 years? You can do this math if you want to, it's easy.

You are supposing that anyone 12 years and less is not being helped by ALPA evidenced by the tiered payouts. Does that convince anyone except who is actually in the choir with you?

Not really sure what your saying here. You sound like your in the MEC. I voted my "No" vote many days ago. Feel free to vote yes if that's the way you feel.

Not really sure what your saying here.

Doesn't suprise me.

Basically my point was this, your argument is flawed which anyone with an elementary school education can discover on their own, with regard to the TW comment.

Secondly, you're only litmus test as to whether the ALPA union and reps are working for the whole pilot group (versus the very senior) is based around the TA payout. Seems lacking in convincibility (evidence) because the predication is based off a small subset of the entire pilot group who will be adversely effected by the TA payout (one small part of the TA). Usually someone, like yourself, making an argument like this online isn't trying to convince any possible yes voters, instead you are simply looking for someone to reinforce you with a "awww heck yeah!"- like a church choir saying "AMEN BROTHA'!"

Also, I am the MEC. Well I would have been, if I could grow the proper length mustache. Instead I got stuck on the interwebs with you.

They should of been looking out for the guys in the middle too. Another downgrade AGAIN! 10 years at XJ...what do we have to show for it? 6,000 dollars...50% paycut.. And a effed up seniority number!!!!!blood boiling... Epic failure!

What???? Thanks to 9-11 and resulting mainline BKs, and age 65, the normal progression of regional pilots was disrupted. That left many regional pilots with no choice but to camp out at lower paying regionals, start families, etc. Now that mainline CEOs are seeing 50 seaters for what they are, very uneconomical with high gas, they are starting to park them in droves. Just because the Regionals got big gains in fleets and upgrades during the mainline BK period, doesn't mean it will occur again anytime soon. Mainline getting 88 717s is a GREAT thing for this industry, taking back flying to mainline and bringing higher wages and up to 1000 new jobs with it. Many of your Regional guys "have no idea what it is like at a legacy", but I hope you find out. It's actually GREAT, but you may have to start over in the right seat again, which some have a problem with unfortunately.

Bye Bye---General Lee

An AMR/LCC merger will bring very liberal scope changes.

An AMR/LCC merger will bring very liberal scope changes.

Doubtful. There will be some overlap, and AA's BK doesn't help. There will be some larger RJs due to US's lack of scope, which will be new to AA, but they also have a lot of 50 seaters that need to be parked, and even some 37 seat E135s. $90 a barrel oil makes it just too expensive, since the fewer number of seats probably can't cover the gas costs alone. Then add new fatigue rules and hiring rules that will not help add RJs to the regionals. It will make it tougher, and more expensive.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
How about cancel the Bloch award! Cancel the fu-ker. Seperate these three regionals and let them die if need be. This merger was so embarrassing...and to all Colgan pilots...please never talk about seniority in the pit.....not your fault... But seriously don't bring it up.

Doubtful. There will be some overlap, and AA's BK doesn't help. There will be some larger RJs due to US's lack of scope, which will be new to AA, but they also have a lot of 50 seaters that need to be parked, and even some 37 seat E135s. $90 a barrel oil makes it just too expensive, since the fewer number of seats probably can't cover the gas costs alone. Then add new fatigue rules and hiring rules that will not help add RJs to the regionals. It will make it tougher, and more expensive.

Bye Bye---General Lee

But MD 80 gas pigs with $200/hr captains are money makers?

But MD 80 gas pigs with $200/hr captains are money makers?

Ever heard of bag fees and change fees? Delta made $2.5 billion last year in ancillary fees, and United made $5.2 billion. It's also about putting the right size airplane on the route. RA just had an interview talking about 50 seaters. He said no more 50 seaters going ATL to Buffalo, rather 50 seaters going from ATL to Albany, GA. The people who make the decisions have obviously looked at the economics. Also, the MD90s coming in from Japan or China supposedly cost around $8-9 million each, including the engines. You could get 4 of those for the price of a new CR9 I believe, and in fact Delta is gettting as many of those that they can. The 717s were also a great deal, mainly paid for by SWA doing refurbs on them. ($100 million worth). Those planes will fly routes 76 seaters are flying now, and could produce 1000 new jobs eventually. That is good for everyone.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Ever heard of bag fees and change fees? Delta made $2.5 billion last year in ancillary fees, and United made $5.2 billion. It's also about putting the right size airplane on the route. RA just had an interview talking about 50 seaters. He said no more 50 seaters going ATL to Buffalo, rather 50 seaters going from ATL to Albany, GA. The people who make the decisions have obviously looked at the economics. Also, the MD90s coming in from Japan or China supposedly cost around $8-9 million each, including the engines. You could get 4 of those for the price of a new CR9 I believe, and in fact Delta is gettting as many of those that they can. The 717s were also a great deal, mainly paid for by SWA doing refurbs on them. ($100 million worth). Those planes will fly routes 76 seaters are flying now, and could produce 1000 new jobs eventually. That is good for everyone.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I thought spirit started all that?

I wonder who is responsible for buying all those old inefficient 50 seaters?
What kind of bonus did they get for buying 200 inefficient airplanes 10 years ago?
Seems like there are a lot of pinnacle pilots being punished for bad Delta/northwest decisions. Management will just get a fat bonus cheque for their great skills in negotiating a stellar deal with the pilot group.
GL you can talk all you want about how great management is at Delta. But the only people held responsible nowadays are the middle/lower class. And we are being held responsible for the poor upper management decisions.

Latest resources

Back