• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

7X Shakedown Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just read the article myself and it was very well written. I agree that the author is a good writer and I too have read a few of his articles.

I believe I have seen the 7X at HPN - nice looking bird! You probably need to be a C-5/C-17 or F22 pilot to get hired to fly it. I think the article mentioned that one of the pilots was a C-5 guy.

Nah, one of the guys on there is nothing but an ex Lear/Westwind charter puke with no military experience. Hell sometimes I'm impressed when he can find his own A$$ with both hands!!! :eek::rolleyes:;)

Nah, one of the guys on there is nothing but an ex Lear/Westwind charter puke with no military experience. Hell sometimes I'm impressed when he can find his own A$$ with both hands!!! :eek::rolleyes:;)
Not to mention the guy cannot even spell fish let alone catch one ...

Pretty much standard to have problems on a new aircraft, they will work through it.

I worked for an operator who had one of the first 900's. The APU would never start, it had bugs on top pf bugs. Not to mention a redesigned TR that was prone to failure. They worked it out

We took delivery of a G4 to replace it, no perf computer or auto throttles and the brake by wire was so bad that big G had to switch back to the old G3 brakes. They worked it out. Flew a new 1400's serial number and it was perfect from the word go.

Took deliver of a very low serial number F2000. Always full of messages especially if it was cold outside. I had a hyd line blow off the engine driven pump because the mfr forgot to permaswage it. One of our guys had an engine blow sudden stoppage, at V1 max gross weight. The combination of a new airframe type and engine type is never a good thing. They worked it out

Took delivery of a very low serial number G5. The hyd system was so bad that Gulfstream had to take the aircraft back, remove the two hyd pumps and switch back to the G4 single pump system. Brakes were bad from the word go. They worked it out. Flew a new 100+ serial number and it was bug free from delivery.

G550 avionics issues were numerous.

You are financially compensated to take a low time serial number aircraft. The guy paying for serial number 100+ no doubt pays quite a bit more then the guy who got serial number 10.

What most owners don't realize is that they pay for it, nothing is for free. You are the test bed. Deadheads back to the repair facility add up fast, lost trips cost money and so do test flight to show the reps what you are seeing because you are tired of hearing "we can duplicate that on the ground". Paying your maintenance constant overtime to come in and work with the tech rep costs you money, so does the time and money that you spend to update your aircraft to the current mod status of production aircraft. Your warranty typically expires before all the bugs are truly worked out, resale on your aircraft is always lower then that of a higher serial number, I could go on and on.

You are the one on the front line taking the hit when you have to listen to the," tell me why I paid XX millions for this POS" as you drive in the FBO's van to the airline terminal with your pax.

The 7x will no doubt follow in the steps of predecessors. While flying a new aircraft is great I will take a high serial number any day of the week. Let the other guy play Chuck Yeager. Too bad they never ask me.........................

Last edited:
Not to mention the guy cannot even spell fish let alone catch one ...

I hear he uses an old beer can and shoe laces to fish with. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Pretty much standard to have problems on a new aircraft, they will work through it.

I worked for an operator who had one of the first 900's. The APU would never start, it had bugs on top pf bugs. Not to mention a redesigned TR that was prone to failure. They worked it out

We took delivery of a G4 to replace it, no perf computer or auto throttles and the brake by wire was so bad that big G had to switch back to the old G3 brakes. They worked it out. Flew a new 1400's serial number and it was perfect from the word go.

Took deliver of a very low serial number F2000. Always full of messages especially if it was cold outside. I had a hyd line blow off the engine driven pump because the mfr forgot to permaswage it. One of our guys had an engine blow sudden stoppage, at V1 max gross weight. The combination of a new airframe type and engine type is never a good thing. They worked it out

Took delivery of a very low serial number G5. The hyd system was so bad that Gulfstream had to take the aircraft back, remove the two hyd pumps and switch back to the G4 single pump system. Brakes were bad from the word go. They worked it out. Flew a new 100+ serial number and it was bug free from delivery.

G550 avionics issues were numerous.

You are financially compensated to take a low time serial number aircraft. The guy paying for serial number 100+ no doubt pays quite a bit more then the guy who got serial number 10.

What most owners don't realize is that they pay for it, nothing is for free. You are the test bed. Deadheads back to the repair facility add up fast, lost trips cost money and so do test flight to show the reps what you are seeing because you are tired of hearing "we can duplicate that on the ground". Paying your maintenance constant overtime to come in and work with the tech rep costs you money, so does the time and money that you spend to update your aircraft to the current mod status of production aircraft. Your warranty typically expires before all the bugs are truly worked out, resale on your aircraft is always lower then that of a higher serial number, I could go on and on.

You are the one on the front line taking the hit when you have to listen to the," tell me why I paid XX millions for this POS" as you drive in the FBO's van to the airline terminal with your pax.

The 7x will no doubt follow in the steps of predecessors. While flying a new aircraft is great I will take a high serial number any day of the week. Let the other guy play Chuck Yeager. Too bad they never ask me.........................

Excellent post. Thanks !!!

Its just an airplane guys, not the space shuttle and nobodys a test pilot. It works fine and pays the bills.....

And Mr G100, I think you are writing from scenic KTEB while I'm killin' the Steelhead up on Erie as we speak......

Ricer, just shut yer hole and get on that charter. Stop looking for sympathy on Facebook, we aren't buying it. BTW happy vets day, I do mean that..

And JC, I'm guessing you know more about diapers these days than airplanes......not that this is a bad thing, lol.

Guy goes away for a few days and gets attacked on flightinfo.com, lol. You guys are mean.

I believe I have seen the 7X at HPN - nice looking bird! You probably need to be a C-5/C-17 or F22 pilot to get hired to fly it. I think the article mentioned that one of the pilots was a C-5 guy.
Or just a bag of rocks :laugh:

Ricer, just shut yer hole and get on that charter. Stop looking for sympathy on Facebook, we aren't buying it.
Glad I'm not the only one getting tired of it, wah, wah, 3 weeks in India
:beer:
Where the hell is Gumby, I need the lav dumped.

Or just a bag of rocks :laugh:

Glad I'm not the only one getting tired of it, wah, wah, 3 weeks in India
:beer:
Where the hell is Gumby, I need the lav dumped.

I'm here at 0230L, doing my New Delhi tour.....Oooofa! What a ********************hole!

I read the article and had a few questions. Is it a @370 initial alt at gross weight like a 604? I know they were at 350 a while but what is a normal 1st hour hour burn. They showed a @G4 fuel burn. Is it true the 7X has no refridgerated storage in the galley? Will it burn 3000 gallons less than a 550 or Global on the round trip they did? Thanks

Latest resources

Back