Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GrnClvrs said:
Doubt if it was non-stop.

Sorry, but yes it WAS NON-Stop. The L1649A Constellation was the pinicale of the piston era long range aircraft. Sure there may have been an occasional tech stops when the flight plans ran over 23+ hours, but usually they did it non-stop. I was on a ferry flight from Hamburg to Oakland California that ran around 22 hours back in 1967. Three pilots, two FE's, two Nav's. A real crowd.

Spooky 1 said:
Are you kidding? Water boy and third pilot. No takeoff, no landing, just holding a heading!

Actually, Suzanna Darcy-Hennemann is the 777-200LR Project chief test pilot.

mzaharis said:
Actually, Suzanna Darcy-Hennemann is the 777-200LR Project chief test pilot.

I have worked with her when I was on the 777 at Brand X. Very accomplished pilot and an exceptional public speaker. She has done technical briefings at the Boeing Users Conference and her presentations are always excellent. I think she is or was at least current in all the Boeing production models. Started as an engineer at Boeing and worked her way up through the ranks. Pretty exceptional sucess story.

I would need a dose of fentanyl and a drool napkin like the Dentist uses.

Any trip over about 10 hours would make me nuts. Please, MAKE ME change planes in ORD, ATL, ANYWHERE!!!!

Spooky 1 said:
Sorry, but yes it WAS NON-Stop. The L1649A Constellation was the pinicale of the piston era long range aircraft. Sure there may have been an occasional tech stops when the flight plans ran over 23+ hours, but usually they did it non-stop. I was on a ferry flight from Hamburg to Oakland California that ran around 22 hours back in 1967. Three pilots, two FE's, two Nav's. A real crowd.

That and the DC-7C were the peak of piston airliners. However not long at all after they were developed, the 707 was entering service, giving both of those piston airliners short lives.

Spooky 1 said:
I have worked with her when I was on the 777 at Brand X. Very accomplished pilot and an exceptional public speaker. She has done technical briefings at the Boeing Users Conference and her presentations are always excellent. I think she is or was at least current in all the Boeing production models. Started as an engineer at Boeing and worked her way up through the ranks. Pretty exceptional sucess story.

Sorry that I missed your facetiousness. I haven't had the privilege of working with her, but from what I've read, she seems like quite the sharp one.

I saw a picture of her with the 777 chief program pilot, Frank Santoni. Definitely different from the old Tex Johnston "I'll roll this bucking airplane with my spurs on" look. More like a couple of suburban soccer parents. I guess "the right stuff" is a bit more buttoned down these days. ;)

http://www.707sim.com/images/tex-johnston-cover.jpg
http://www.boeing.com/commercial/777family/200LR/images/frank_suzanna777.jpg

Latest resources

Back