• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

777 from HKG to LHR in 23 hours

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hell NO!!!:eek: 4 hrs is LONG enough for me, and even that is pushing it!!!:laugh: :beer:

Mach.75 said:
Here's my ?: Why didn't it just fly West to London, it looks like it would be shorter?;)

It would have been shorter, but then it wouldn't have broken the record.

This is a shady way to set the record. They could have just flown from New York to LA. Just fly over every state along the way, some twice if you please. I'm sure you could make it take forever but WHO CARES.

Just pick two cities that are 12500 miles apart GREAT CIRCLE and do it that way. Think about it, now an A340 will fly between the same two cities and they will say "We flew that same route in WAY less time than the 777."

But I don't read anywhere in the Boeing presentations of this accomplishment that TIME was a goal. They set out upon being the longest range in miles for a commercial airlines, the fact that it took just short of 23 hours didn't seem to have been an issue.

So even all the propliners or for instance the military airplanes, like the B52 that would stay up for I don't know how many hours, but it used inflight refueling. apples and oranges

Latest resources

Back