• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

757 Lands on Taxiway at EWR & Pilots Bolt

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who says that the pilots didn't report it? What's the source? I can't believe that so many pilots bite on this article from undisclosed sources. What a bunch of crap.

Agreed. That's the exact philosophy that has kept aviation going for over a thousand years.

Man I thought it was like a hundred....you can learn a lot here at Flight Info

I've heard from some good sources that this particular captain had just completed IOE on the 757/767. The FO is on probation and I'm not sure who was flying that leg.

So did the airplane that the Captain come off of land on taxiways and not go to EWR? It is the largest CO hub correct? You would think he might have been there before, even when the wind was blowing. Also, if I remember correctly you guys don't have any steam gauge airplanes so it should not have been a glass issue. For the F/O, probation or not you don't allow the guy to land on a taxiway. I bet that was covered in the interview at some point perhaps.

Hope the investigation goes in their favor but when you are sitting behind the yoke when the airplane lands on a taxiway it really makes it for ALPA saftey to defend. Good thing you guys got Predator in office.

Was the Captain close to 60 by chance? Another case for not raising the age.

Well, MRY flyer, let's see.

1. No, Ewr is not our largest hub. IAH is.

2. I know people who have flown for CAL for 20 years who have never done that particular circle to 29 in the dark. In fact, most pilots haven't done that one.

3. Yes, we do still have steam guage aircraft here. We have over 30 737-300's.

Thanks for your criticism though. Wish we could all have your intellect and great insight into aviation. Have a great career.

IAHERJ

Last edited:
IAHERJ [QUOTE said:
1. No, Ewr is not our largest hub. IAH is.

You will notice I asked the question if IAH is you largest hub. Did not know if it was or not.

2. I know people who have flown for CAL for 20 years who have never done that particular circle to 29 in the dark. In fact, most pilots haven't done that one.
Sounds like a good simulator scenario for a PC. "OK boys you are going to have to land at an airport we serve. If you could make it a runway that would be great."

3. Yes, we do still have steam guage aircraft here. We have over 30 737-300's.
Oh I forgot you are a newbie to the airline world. You are one of those guys that does not know what "round dials" refer to. You think a 300 is an outdated design, that in itself is hilarious. Round dial 300's are different than real round dial steam powered VOR/DME airplanes of yore. The 300's all have FMS's, autoflight with ATS and Flight directors correct? The 300 MCP is similar to the 757. Of course if all else fails the pilot could be a pilot and manipulate the airplane via a series of control inputs from the Yoke and (don't let me scare you here with this) VISUALY acquire the runway and (gasp) land. Are you sure this Captains name is not listed in a publication that might be SCatterd ABout? Also what was up with the F/O?

Who says that the pilots didn't report it? What's the source? I can't believe that so many pilots bite on this article from undisclosed sources. What a bunch of crap.

I'm with you on this one. No injuries, no damage, I believe I would file the ASAP and NASA first and then call the company (Maybe not in that order) before I go and tell the tower anything on a recorded freq.

Man I thought it was like a hundred....you can learn a lot here at Flight Info

Everything I learned about flying I learned from watching Pensacola: Wings of Gold and everything I learned about weather I learned from Mr. Ron Burgundy.

Everything I learned about flight attendants, I learned from SailPilot -- but that's a different story.

Latest resources

Back