747 Splits in Two on T/O

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe now someone will start looking into Connie's way of doing business
Did Connie piss in your cornflakes or something? He is not the warm and fuzzy type to work for, but unless you want to come up with some recent facts, you sound like someone who didn't get through an interview.

He is at Amerijet. If you are talking about B.B..

Yeah, I had lunch with a friend 2 weeks ago and I don't know where he works. You must be thinking of someone else, we are talking about the famous Belchfire. The legend goes that he travels the world in a 747 seeking out good beer. I hear he is pretty good at it too.

I am retired so no need for a career. I have never tried to work for Kalitta and have never desired. Although I feel sorry for the crews I don’t have any sympathy for Connie and his way of doing business. I know FI is based or started out of Ypsilanti and many folks wondering out here are from that place. I understand their partiality and feelings. Perfectly normal. I also know Connie provides jobs to many people in Michigan. I have seen his crews and I have huge respect for them. After all it takes excellent crews to make it possible in that company. But I have no respect for the person running that company. I don’t care about all those stories about Connie either. Like it or not, he is a scavenger who went many times around the law. This is not his first crash. Remember the DC-8 in Guantanamo. That one was N814CK. Connie has been under FAA investigation many times. He got out just because of his high political connections, specially from Bush family. Talking about this accident, glad the crew is OK, but to blame only the Belgian authorities as someone earlier tried to point?…..Give me a break. I am assuming at least a runway analysis was run before take off. A split plane on a rejected TO?! I have seen a Tradewinds plane getting out of the runway and the consequences. Nothing like split in two. What about a minimal possibility of structural failure due to age and poor maintenance?
So again I am sure Connie will make money out of this, and with some clear duct tape he will have the plane like new.

I am retired so no need for a career. I have never tried to work for Kalitta and have never desired. Although I feel sorry for the crews I don’t have any sympathy for Connie and his way of doing business. I know FI is based or started out of Ypsilanti and many folks wondering out here are from that place. I understand their partiality and feelings. Perfectly normal. I also know Connie provides jobs to many people in Michigan. I have seen his crews and I have huge respect for them. After all it takes excellent crews to make it possible in that company. But I have no respect for the person running that company. I don’t care about all those stories about Connie either. Like it or not, he is a scavenger who went many times around the law. This is not his first crash. Remember the DC-8 in Guantanamo. That one was N814CK. Connie has been under FAA investigation many times. He got out just because of his high political connections, specially from Bush family. Talking about this accident, glad the crew is OK, but to blame only the Belgian authorities as someone earlier tried to point?…..Give me a break. I am assuming at least a runway analysis was run before take off. A split plane on a rejected TO?! I have seen a Tradewinds plane getting out of the runway and the consequences. Nothing like split in two. What about a minimal possibility of structural failure due to age and poor maintenance?
So again I am sure Connie will make money out of this, and with some clear duct tape he will have the plane like new.

Once again you show your incredible ignorance, You know nothing about the company now, you know nothing of what truly happened and you postulate moronic speculation. The biggest idiots in aviation are always the ones that want to "Monday Morning Quarterback" aviation incidents and accidents. Save your pretend sympathy for someone else!!

Latest resources

Back