• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

747 in DAL Colors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The fact remains that there are more favorable positions soon to be available to those former NWA pilots that could potentially slow down the progression and/or possibily displace premerger Delta pilots in part due to premerger Delta's superior fleet.

Pre-merger superior fleet? HA HA HA HA

Where would you be if you were at 6% ratio on the DAL list. Plain and simple...where would you be if you used superior fleet type thinking.

It isn't about how superior your airplane is. It is about QOL!

I know I am beating the same drum over and over, but understand the reason you may be on superior equipment is because you are JUNIOR! The DC9 is not inferior to the MD88, nor is it inferior to the 767ER. Just ask RA or EB about that.

What is good for Delta is good for all of pre and post merger pilots in the long run.

Not trying to be an A$$$, just calling it like I see it. This merger is going relatively well so far. If we all take our turn and exercise the seniority we have been given it will all turn out just fine.

Redrum,

No doubt you have made greater sacrifices than I. But then, I never applied to NWA and never wanted to fly their equipment out of their bases. If I had been in your shoes, I'd have quit and obtained new shoes.

Those new 767 sized loafers look a lot better than those 1963 Converse All Stars.

Thank God for you - having someone to argue with is very cathartic while my home and job are being shopped by Superman, Prince Valiant, Cerbus the Aardvark, and Spawn.

Last edited:

Where would you be if you were at 6% ratio on the DAL list. Plain and simple...where would you be if you used superior fleet type thinking.

I know I am beating the same drum over and over, but understand the reason you may be on superior equipment is because you are JUNIOR! The DC9 is not inferior to the MD88, nor is it inferior to the 767ER. Just ask RA or EB about that.

What is good for Delta is good for all of pre and post merger pilots in the long run.

Not trying to be an A$$$, just calling it like I see it. This merger is going relatively well so far. If we all take our turn and exercise the seniority we have been given it will all turn out just fine.

You're correct. My mistake. Superior fleet and bases, because I drive to my base. Bases are in large part what make qol. I am a relatively new hire that could drive to work and fly an er. Good qol? Most likely. I won't be flying a widebody in base for extra pay for quite a while.

But like you I think it's going well, overall.

If people like RedRum would go find another line of work, this would be a great job. All he does is badmouth others to make himself feel good. Poor guy.

To stick to the thread, the 747 looks great in DL colors, can't wait to see post 07 DL hires in the seats.

Cry me a friggin river ACL,

Don't even begin to tell me about the sacrafices you have made.

You have not worked harder and smarter than most people out there if you got hired at Delta in 2007. What the &^%$ gives you the right to the seniority of a NWA guy hired in 2000. TELL ME!
Really you know me?

You got what was was unexpected and have now forever gained from their loss.

WTF is a "sterio" type?

Get an education. Learn how to spell and then we can talk.

Were you from a PFT (Comair, other PFT BS operations) boy? I think it is shining through loud and clear. If so, be thankful your parents had the dough to pony up.
I did not pay for a job at ASA. I also paid my way all the way though school on my own dime!

Don't mean to be a hater, but "I calls it like I sees it!" I can smell it a mile away.
I think you sniffer is broken!

If people like RedRum would go find another line of work, this would be a great job. All he does is badmouth others to make himself feel good. Poor guy.

To stick to the thread, the 747 looks great in DL colors, can't wait to see post 07 DL hires in the seats.

Funny thing is that the pilots from DAL that are stapled may not be subject to the fences.

Same place I am now. I was given a direct ratio and that is all I expected

Agree, but a superior airplane give you great QOL at work.

Agreed, and I have no issue with getting bumped from my aircraft or my base. Use your seniority. I will use mine.

I am curious were you at ASA until 99? You seem like someone I know from Dallas!

Don't we all. I understand his issues with the seniority list. I get that he was furloughed and now has to look at a few under 30 pilots for the rest of his life. Guess what I do to. It does not bother me. I made peace with the fact that this industry is full of injustices. Many of them completely out of our hands.

Get a seniority list crystal ball with percentages. I guarantee you every single Delta pilot other than those at the very bottom will have better percentages up the seniority list for the rest of their careers than if Delta remained separate. This is the problem with the Nic award. He made a fair list at that moment in time. Too bad that moment was at the worst possible time for the East pilots. If it were in arbitration today (less than two years later), I guarantee you it would not be the same. The Delta list is fair today, but not tomorrow.

Latest resources

Back