• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

747 in DAL Colors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What got in to you? Seriously, why are you egging on all the DAL guys. They know that you are going to push them down, you do not need to remind them!

Seriously ACL,

What color is the sky in your world?

We (NWA) got worked over in the SLI arbotration. No IF ANDs or BUTs about it. Don't try to make us think that we made out in this, because we didn't.

You are obviously a junior pilot who feels slighted. Are you one of the guys that got stapled? Maybe you thought you should be senior to a 2000 hire? If so, god bless ya. But some of us had to work mighty friggin hard to get to where we are.

Nothing has ever been handed to us.

Please post a picture of your airline. If its SWA Im going to puke then laugh.

whoa whoa whoa! settle down tiger! i work dog sh!t on demand cargo. not for any airline and just because i think the paint scheme is boring doesn't mean i dislike the airline.

Seriously ACL,

Blue, and grey, but sometimes black, how about you??

We (NWA) got worked over in the SLI arbitration. No IF ANDs or BUTs about it. Don't try to make us think that we made out in this, because we didn't.
I am sure that there are some of you that did. Just like some of us did. Get over it.

You are obviously a junior pilot who feels slighted. Once again you are dead wrong. I do not feel slighted at all. I neither gained nor lost anything. I fully expect to get pushed out of my base and off my equipment. I have no issues with that. It is what it is, and I have not lost any sleep over it. I look forward to flying out of MSP.
Are you one of the guys that got stapled?
Nope not even close

Maybe you thought you should be senior to a 2000 hire?
I did not think anything. I did not want to gain nor lose position. I got what I was expecting, and yes, I am senior to 2000 hires.
If so, god bless ya. But some of us had to work mighty friggin hard to get to where we are.
I am no friggin 25 year old that put in a few years at the regional's. I had to wait an extra six years after DAL closed the doors in 01. Was glad to keep my job. I spent 10 years at the regional's. I am no spring chicken. I paid my dues too.

You know what, I have never had anything handed to me either. The people that know me, know that I work harder and smarter than most people out there. I work to get what I want and want what I get. I never expected nor expect anything that is not rightfully mine.
Take the chip on your shoulder and throw it at someone else. Your sterio types are way off in my case.

Seriously ACL,

We (NWA) got worked over in the SLI arbotration. No IF ANDs or BUTs about it. Don't try to make us think that we made out in this, because we didn't.

You are obviously a junior pilot who feels slighted. Are you one of the guys that got stapled? Maybe you thought you should be senior to a 2000 hire? If so, god bless ya. But some of us had to work mighty friggin hard to get to where we are.

Actually, ACL was offered a class date at DAL in 2001 then 9/11 happened and the rest is history. He took it in stride and kept jis nose clean until hiring starting up again. I'd say ACL wasn't handed a damn thing so you may want to take something your diarea of the mouth.

Last I heard about the Arbitration is that FO's at NWA that were happy just to hold A320 can now hold 767ER Captain positions. So stop crying in your beer and getting pissed at people who may be smarter than you.

Last I heard about the Arbitration is that FO's at NWA that were happy just to hold A320 can now hold 767ER Captain positions. So stop crying in your beer and getting pissed at people who may be smarter than you.

You heard wrong. The award was almost a straight ratio. It did not take into account NWA's attrition. I have not met one Northwest pilot that is happy about the award, but most of them are accepting it and moving on. I would not recommend bitching to a Northwest guy about the award if you are a Delta guy. The list looks fair right now, but look at it in ten years and it will look like a ridiculous windfall for Delta. I laugh because all I have been hearing and reading before the award was how Delta was expanding and still hiring while NWA was shrinking and about to furlough. As soon as the award comes out, Delta announces it is cutting capacity again.

Last edited:
You know what, I have never had anything handed to me either. The people that know me, know that I work harder and smarter than most people out there. I work to get what I want and want what I get. I never expected nor expect anything that is not rightfully mine.
Take the chip on your shoulder and throw it at someone else. Your sterio types are way off in my case.

Cry me a friggin river ACL,

Don't even begin to tell me about the sacrafices you have made.

You have not worked harder and smarter than most people out there if you got hired at Delta in 2007. What the &^%$ gives you the right to the seniority of a NWA guy hired in 2000. TELL ME!

You got what was was unexpected and have now forever gained from their loss.

WTF is a "sterio" type?

Get an education. Learn how to spell and then we can talk.

Were you from a PFT (Comair, other PFT BS operations) boy? I think it is shining through loud and clear. If so, be thankful your parents had the dough to pony up.

Don't mean to be a hater, but "I calls it like I sees it!" I can smell it a mile away.

You have not worked harder and smarter than most people out there if you got hired at Delta in 2007. What the &^%$ gives you the right to the seniority of a NWA guy hired in 2000. TELL ME!

WTF is a "sterio" type?

Were you from a PFT (Comair, other PFT BS operations) boy? I think it is shining through loud and clear. If so, be thankful your parents had the dough to pony up.

Don't mean to be a hater, but "I calls it like I sees it!" I can smell it a mile away.

I assume we are Delta pilots. ACL makes legitimate points. Luckily, he and I were not selected on our ability for the best spelling but for who would be a right fit for a great airline. I'm sure your process wasn't too different. I am a 2007 hire and have a 2001 NWA hire junior to me. Frustrating? I am sure. The fact remains that there are more favorable positions soon to be available to those former NWA pilots that could potentially slow down the progression and/or possibily displace premerger Delta pilots in part due to premerger Delta's superior fleet. Will Junior pre merger Delta pilot's benefit from the higher attrition from the NWA pilots in 10 years? Hopefully enough to offset the more immediate effects.

Without bitching and moaning from both former sides, it wouldn't have been fair.

WTF is a "sterio" type?

Oh yeah, I payed my pft at asa with 3 credit cards and it took me about 4 years to pay off. Pretty crappy of me, eh? So did a bunch of guys from comair, aca, southwest and a few others. Glad you're above us. I'm glad you'll be a positive influence on us.

Latest resources

Back