• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

737 or Airbus 320

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Could someone please explain to me how, as previous posters have mentioned, "the Airbus tries to get you violated"?

Also, other than to feed your ego, does it matter how fast or how high the airplane can fly? Last I checked, you actually got paid more (at most airlines) the slower you flew and the more weather you had to circumnavigate.

About the same as a BMW compares to a Kia.

A 57 captain I flew with a bunch several years ago went to the bus and he called it a cheesy little airplane. Another called it a Yugo. And yet another was a little more charitable when he said his impression of the bus was that they built it to just barely get the job done and nothing more.

Last edited:
A 57 captain I flew with a bunch several years ago went to the bus and his description of the bus went like this "its a cheesy little airplane....". Another called it a Yugo. And yet another was a little more charitable when he said his impression of the bus was that they built it to just barely get the job done and nothing more.
Wait until oil hits $130+ a bbl. 57s will be relics while the bus' will be flying all over this mo fo.

Wait until oil hits $130+ a bbl. 57s will be relics while the bus' will be flying all over this mo fo.

I doubt it. The 757 walks all over the bus series for the designed mission. Try comparing a 321 for a 757 for transcon and longer flying.

Man this place has turned into airliners.net...

As far as flying the two planes, having a bit of time in both, the 757 is a superior plane in all regards. The bus has a superior cockpit. It's more comfortable and ergonomic than the 757, hands down. It's also a different generation of aircraft/avionics, so not a fair comparison.

Both airplanes have FMS/programming quirks that require you to keep an eye on it, just like any other airplane (757 dropping out of VNAV PATH and into VNAV SPEED with no warning, anyone?)

Latest resources

Back