• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

737 or Airbus 320

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How did this turn into a 75 vs Bus comparison? The discussion is about two aircraft that are generally regarded as equals based on range, payload and performance. The 75 is superior to both of them on that basis.

I've never flown a 73 and I don't have a lot of time in the Airbus (about 1000 hours). So far I really like the 320. I hear all the stereotypes about the Bus avionics being weird and quirky, but I haven't found that to be true. Yeah, it's different from the only other transport a/c I've flown (CRJ) but not significantly so.

My biggest complaint is that the descent predictions can be way off even though you put in winds aloft. It's no big deal because I always do the math regardless.

Most of what I don't like about the Bus is FOM driven. Until just last year B6 was flying the Bus exactly as required by the Airbus FCOM. Even with our B6 specific FOM we over complicate everything. Our briefings are ridiculously involved and that takes some of the fun out of things. Like I said that's more of a comment about how we fly it than the a/c itself.

I have JS on a few 73's and the cockpit comfort level isn't even close to the Bus. Plus, there are way too many dials, knobs and switches in that thing!

Some of the later varients of the 73 have better perfomance than the 320. So what. As someone else pointed out, we get paid by the minute.

Both are excellent airplanes. I'd gladly fly either one. Given a choice and all else being equal (pay, schedules, etc) I'll take the comfort and simplicity of the 320. I had a tray table deferred a few weeks ago and I was ready to call Amnesty International. Oh the humanity!

I have JS on a few 73's and the cockpit comfort level isn't even close to the Bus. Plus, there are way too many dials, knobs and switches in that thing!

Thats the fun part. I'd much rather interact with a straight up flying machine than a computer any day.

Not only is the tray table cool, but the tray table TILT function is cool and the trip-book hook is cool. You'll never have to take individual Jepp charts out again.

Honestly, the biggest problem with the Bus (and it's not that big a deal) is resetting the little goofy faults that spring up from time to time. It doesn't happen that often but it can be a PITA.

Last edited:
The hook type handle for the shade. This handle will firmly support the base of your trip book such as a 1" Jepp manual, no need to pull a plate out. :beer:

Go with the one that will upgrade you faster, QOL, and pay, not to sound bad but today it all depends on the $$$ not tha plane you fly or for who you fly for !!!!
good luck

I thank you all for your comments. I ended up with the option of LAX or ORD Airbus or Denver 737. Living just north of Denver I went with the 737 at Denver. There were 4 airbus and 3 737 in Denver to bid on but all the airbuses in Denver were taken by the time it got to me. Thanks again everyone and fly safe.

I thank you all for your comments. I ended up with the option of LAX or ORD Airbus or Denver 737. Living just north of Denver I went with the 737 at Denver. There were 4 airbus and 3 737 in Denver to bid on but all the airbuses in Denver were taken by the time it got to me. Thanks again everyone and fly safe.

Hey, good for you. I'd love to be flying a 737 based out of my home town. I think you're gonna enjoy it.

Latest resources

Back