Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

737 NG operators, how much fuel do you land with?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mook...you are not part of that ridiculous arctic humboldt, 1500 miles north of expected, winey cry baby club are you????

Wow...classy
OK, I take it back. I was told that the Humboldts gave free membership to all the furloughed pilots. Very generous of them.
On another note....twice this week in SEA w/ no alternate, both times in a - 400, during deacceleration the outboard mains lit up.....nothing to see here....we can be scheduled to land with less than 5000 pounds and we do.....Again, sorry for the slight against the Humboldts......Swell bunch of guys

I agree with tico - outboard main fuel pumps light up on roll out for me at least once a month. Nothing to see, no big deal, move along.
Now on most flights, dispatch has got so much gas on us that I'm just trying to get to MGLW.
I chuckle with my inside voice every time I hear a pot bellied gummer in SEA calling for more gas. Why? So you can bump even more revenue and land with 10,000 in the tanks? Good grief.

I agree with tico - outboard main fuel pumps light up on roll out for me at least once a month. Nothing to see, no big deal, move along.

YGTBSM! I've read some messed up stuff on FI but this one takes the cake. Remind me to never fly on Alaska. Some day, someone's gonna blow a tire and shut down the runway when you're on final and now your "move along, nothing to see here" main fuel pump light show is gonna produce some amazing skid mark panic attack in the cockpit. Dude, you is asking for trouble.

Me, if I see less than 5500lbs at destination, I'm asking for more. They don't pay me enough for a glider rating!

Last edited:
YGTBSM! I've read some messed up stuff on FI but this one takes the cake. Remind me to never fly on Alaska. Some day, someone's gonna blow a tire and shut down the runway when you're on final and now your "move along, nothing to see here" main fuel pump light show is gonna produce some amazing skid mark panic attack in the cockpit. Dude, you is asking for trouble.

Me, if I see less than 5500lbs at destination, I'm asking for more. They don't pay me enough for a glider rating!

Agreed!!!
And the opinions of some do not in any way reflect the majority of AS professionals.

Mookie

If you haven't seen a main tank pump light on landing, you haven't been looking at the overhead panel. They flash even with 6K or more.

Latest resources

Back