Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

737 NG operators, how much fuel do you land with?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pianoman

UA is working hard to reduce "unnecessary" fuel loading. Up until now I would say we have usually landed with between 6-7,000 pounds of gas at a destination on a clear day. Obviously more than min legal required, but comfortable and it was just how we did things.

I'm curious to see what anyone flying 737-NG's at other airlines see for planned fuel over destination. Thanks.

At DAL, I'd say about 7,000 is typical. We start to perk up when we see landing fuel around 5000lbs. The paperwork also has a fuel "reliability" statistic - XXXXXlbs qty is sufficient for 95% of flights for example.

5000 is the high side for what I see usually. Most guys have a floor of 4000, but dispatch is "suggesting" 3500.

At Southwest, the normal plan is to land with close to 5,000, the minimum planned allowed. Releases commonly show arrival fuel projected to be in the 5.1 - 5.4 range. Obviously that's VMC, no issues, no tankering, etc. Landing with less than 4,000 is considered "min fuel," and landing with less than 3,000 is considered "emergency fuel."

Bubba

What do others typically cruise at? Cost index has us around M.80 in cruise lately and about 320/.79M going up and down.

5000 is the high side for what I see usually. Most guys have a floor of 4000, but dispatch is "suggesting" 3500.
I know this limitation is ground stationary only, but 3500. That's just crazy.

ELECTRIC HYDRAULIC PUMP OPERATIONS ON THE GROUND Minimum fuel for stationary ground operation of electric motor-driven hydraulic pumps is 1675 pounds in the related main tank.

We had a mandatory fuel savings class (mandated by partner UAL) several years ago. In part, they were basically saying we were carrying too much - as evidenced by the fact that we didn't have MORE diversions due to low fuel.

The second most important question is how much fuel have you seen "disappear" from the FOD/REMF number in flight. I've been up to 1,000 less for no apparent reason. That's why I usually consider whether I'd be comfortable with 1,000 less than what's planned.

Latest resources

Back