• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

717's at Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So you would rather be on the bottom of Delto's list, well that's easy, just apply and get hired. I get the feeling you wouldn't be missed around good ol SWA anyway. Good luck, we'll see if you are really serious about your statement.

Do you really think he could get hired by Delta? The only reason he is with SWA is because Airtran was bought.

The real question is would he list his time at Gulstream on his resume? He somehow left that off of his ALPA bio. An innocent oversight on his part.

Will PCL even make it to Southwest or will he jump ship?

God forbid you earn a top tier job through the front door, competition and all. Delta's no more desirable to new applicants than swa, which is why seniority at swa is more valuable than seniority at AT. It's a tougher job to get. Funny how you acknowledge that with ALPA delta, but not swa. Once a hater, always...

Wave do you tell the Morris Captains you fly with that they came in the back door to your airline? Better yet, how about your senior Captains who hired into SWA 20-25 years ago...do you ask them why they didn't "earn a top tier job, competition and all"??? SWA hasn't always been what it is today, and one could easily argue it was no better than AT was 17 years into its existence. I find this attitude arrogant and insulting especially considering the humble beginnings of SWA.

This is the kind of attitude that will make the healing harder. I'm aware we have our own issues to get past for the good of all as well...

Carl,

It might be best to do some research about the Morris pilots before posting...

THEY ALL STARTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST.

How's that for arrogant? Still the truth though.

Last edited:
If this TA passes, I'll trade you my spot for a staple at SWA.

Not me. I'm probably junior to you but I think my seniority at Delta will skyrocket compared to anyone at the bottom at SWA. If you are a SWA guy with 700 or more Airtran guys ahead of you, it may be a decade before you upgrade. Go ahead over there Jim, and thanks for letting me move up a number even faster.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Carl,

Red,

Was that acquistion done before Bond/Mckaskill or before the recent wave of arbitrated SLIs? You know it was. About how many Airtran pilots are ahead of you on your current list? I am sure you want all of them to leave so one day in the next decade you can upgrade.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Carl,

I'll let the Morris peeps speak for themselves. But it does seem kinda silly at this point to keep the SLI discussions alive. It's not going to change anything. My big concerns are; ATL base (when and who), SWAPA representation, and since the 717s are going bye bye, getting as many new 737s as possible. I used to have concerns over SWA section 6. I don't anymore. Reason being with SLI 12 and 14, you guys pretty much gave the company what they needed outside of section 6. So at this point I don't see any incentive for SWA to speed up negotiations.

I used to have concerns over SWA section 6. I don't anymore. Reason being with SLI 12 and 14, you guys pretty much gave the company what they needed outside of section 6. So at this point I don't see any incentive for SWA to speed up negotiations.

I hope they negotiate at least a 15 year fo payscale (really a 20 yr scale would be more appropriate), but you're right, I don't see mgmt being in any kind of hurry going forward.

Latest resources

Back