• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

717's at Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So you're saying there's a chance...Sounds like better odds than getting hired off the street at Southwest; there were 14k apps for the 150 they hired last year. What about Fedex, UPS...reading your post it sounds like anything would be preferrable to the jerks over at SWA. Or maybe not...

The 717's are not DC9 replacements, they are CRJ-200 replacements, ie:they are growth aircraft.

The 35 MD90's we are receiving over the next 2 years are the DC9 replacements.

The 100 737-900ER's we are taking delivery of over the next three years are replacements for the oldest 757's, 320's and the domestic 767's.

There may be a lawsuit or two initiated by Air Tran pilots who would like to come with the aircraft. That's to be expected. But, our SVP of Flight Ops has publicly stated and without equivocation that these aircraft would not come with pilots.

Further, the 717's are being leased to Delta directly from Boeing.

So general, what do you think about AT defending their fragmentation clause?
I'm sure you'd rather hire off the street, but if it's in their contract...
Looks more like a reality you have-
How do those 717's get you to a 73 upgrade?

They can try it if they want, but it sounds like the language is clear, and I have a feeling mountains of lawyers have poured over this. Our VP stated unequivocly that NO other pilots would come with the planes. We are also getting MD90s from China and Japan. Will their pilots come along too? I doubt it.

I can hold junior NYC 737 Captain now in New York, and if there are some early out retirements or guys in New York that want to go back to Atlanta, I may slide right in. I'd commute for a $70 an hour raise.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
With 30,000 applicants for maybe 1,000 spots in the next few years, easier said than done.

Just wear your "We Are ALPA" pin to the interview. You'll be a shoe-in. :pimp:

The 717's are not DC9 replacements, they are CRJ-200 replacements, ie:they are growth aircraft.

The 35 MD90's we are receiving over the next 2 years are the DC9 replacements.

The 100 737-900ER's we are taking delivery of over the next three years are replacements for the oldest 757's, 320's and the domestic 767's.

There may be a lawsuit or two initiated by Air Tran pilots who would like to come with the aircraft. That's to be expected. But, our SVP of Flight Ops has publicly stated and without equivocation that these aircraft would not come with pilots.

Further, the 717's are being leased to Delta directly from Boeing.

I think Lear 70 said they re being sub-leased to Delta from SWA. So, who is correct?

[/B]

I think Lear 70 said they re being sub-leased to Delta from SWA. So, who is correct?

My information is from DALPA FAQ sheets.

You are probably correct. Lear70 and PCL are both dreaming and think they will get money from SWA. They got what they deserve already and they need to move on with their life. That is if they have one.

I think both LEAR and PCL have stated that we can't force DAL to honor our contract. It is not with DAL. What they are saying is there might be a grievance with LUV management as they will be in violation if the fragmentation language is triggered. I don't think any sane person thinks any pilots will go with the 717's.

I'm sure you'll find many different answers, but I know a lot of us would very much like an opportunity to go to DAL. I'd rather be stapled at DAL than keep my 90% number at SWA, in fact. Upgrade time would be cut almost in half, career earnings would be higher, and I could still be based at home in Atlanta.

Agreed 110%! maybe there's a chance we could go over that way if we desire. It's not the way I'd wish for, but it sure beats this deal with SWA!!

Latest resources

Back