• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GO AROUND said:
That would be Texas, no doubt. Tried the BBQ in NC, mustard is for sandwiches not BBQ!

Since when did we start putting mustard on our BBQ? I've lived here in NC for over 20 years and have yet to see such a thing...

Being a gjet pilot will likely never harm anyone's career.

ALPA forgave an airline full of real scabs just to get them back into the fold.

Rant all you like, it ain't gonna change a thing.

Thanks for everyone's input on this....I just called to turn down the interview. Time to start sending out more resumes I guess!! :)

purdue_pilot said:
Thanks for everyone's input on this....I just called to turn down the interview. Time to start sending out more resumes I guess!! :)

purdue_pilot,
On behalf of all the pilots at Trans States, thank you for your decision to not pursue a job at Go Jet. I know from personal experience how hard it is to be on the outside looking in. To give up your first airline interview really says something. I don't really agree with all the guys who say that your career will suffer if you go to Go Jet since that is clearly false. I wish it were true but it is not. However, you have made a good decision that reflects well on your judgement and personal integrity. It is a little sobering to think that you made such a big decision based on what a few of us said. I really wish you the best of luck in your job search. Thanks again,

Whataburger........ " Plus, it's "you're older" not "your older."

It's TOOLBOX not just TOOL.

Hey h25b after reading my post you seem earily absent from the thread.......what should we do oh 91/135 guy?!

Shrek said:
Hey h25b after reading my post you seem earily absent from the thread.......what should we do oh 91/135 guy?!

I thought we'd just wait to discuss it over the beer and BBQ. It's on me, don't forget... Hold on let me go read it and see what you said...:laugh:

Shrek said:
Ok here is a recap.......mgt/TSA MEC were negotiating 70 seat payrates.......talks broke down when MGT at the last minute said those rates were for 70 seats AND more. A couple of months later Gayjets was born. After informational picketing got United's station managers upset......got the word to TSA management for the informational picketing to stop. The LOA proposal was a joke and unacceptable and STL flt mgrs were waving around the agreement proposal and commenting that TSA WILL shut down unless a yes vote was recieved. The new scope language in that proposal was still very weak and TSA mgt could easily get around it again in the future. The extension was for 4 years and COLA was effectively lowered over the life of that agreement. A 75% NO vote was recieved on that proposal and TSA management has since not contacted us. The TSA MEC has come back with at least one counterproposal and it has fallen on deaf ears to say the least. As I am sure you know......the single carrier petition will not solve our problems but will make the fight a little easier. The fact that gayjets are being courted by the Teamsters is because the TSA Lawyer DH is PERSONAL friends with the local Teamster union official. The few ways of doing something about our plight is being done right now.....informational picketing.....and filing the single carrier petition. We are also starting negotiations on our new contract soon and that can take up to 4 years plus so immediate help is not there either. Striking is out of the cards. We as professional pilots are following our company practices to the letter and keeping our noses clean. In the meantime we are fighting to get our two MEC officials jobs back since they were terminated on bogus claims in retaliation for this fight. They will get their jobs back eventually with backpay.

We are ready to negotiate in good faith at any time the company chooses. It just seems they are intent on their current trend of trying to intimidate our pilot group by firings, suspensions and gayjet. We are not ready to burn this company to the ground but it is hard to put on a straight face when in ORD you are told to follow "gateway" all the way to the active.

Thanks for running it down and I appreciate your taking the time. What else can I say other than it's a tough position to be in ? I think the crux of my arguement is the fact that while taking the energy to bash and humiliate the GJ pilots may yield a certain amount of personal pleasure, it's ultimately a waste of your breath. In today's world of the NMB, you might as well forget getting too upset about anything until things get serious about a strike release. The only thing that will bring them back to the table will be the threat of real monetary loss (i.e. strike)...

Look at the NetJets situation. Something was/is going on behind the scenes to bring the management to the table. I'll also wager that whatever it was will make that TA not look so great after it's ratified. Bottom line, I don't profess to know all the answers from here forward. I just won't let someone convince me that what little you're doing now is going to help.

Last edited:
purdue_pilot said:

Wow.. good call. You just saved your career... :)

Latest resources

Back