• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

50 seat Jets. Uncertain future?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe, I personally wouldn't bet money on Delta Pilots flying Q400s or ATRs anytime soon, be good for us regional guys who want to move on if they did though.

Maybe, maybe not. A good way to do that is to have one list, or as AA suggested all mainline above 50 seats. I see no problem with adding DCI pilots to the bottom of our list.

Godspeed!

OYS

Nothing wrong with Spirit. They are making money and growing, which says a lot in todays industry. And stop blaming others. Fact still remains that in the 90s it was YOUR pilot group that sold out scope and got the RJ situation to where it is today.

I saw it happen at UAL too, but now we want it to stop. Is that wrong?

Godspeed!

OYS

Maybe, maybe not. A good way to do that is to have one list, or as AA suggested all mainline above 50 seats. I see no problem with adding DCI pilots to the bottom of our list.

Godspeed!

OYS

How about relative integration? I think a 25 year ASA pilot should get 25 yrs at Delta, and be a 777 Captain.

Godspeed!

OYS

How do you think that might play out? ALPA carriers by seniority, followed by other union then non-union (SkyWest)?

How about relative integration? I think a 25 year ASA pilot should get 25 yrs at Delta, and be a 777 Captain.

What's funny is that many at ASA actually thought that after Delta bought them. I saw a guy on our jumpseat that was a senior Captain there and he told us (our 727 crew) that he was senior enough to hold the MD11 FO at Delta. (we had them at the time) We all laughed, and it never happened.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Nothing wrong with Spirit. They are making money and growing, which says a lot in todays industry. And stop blaming others. Fact still remains that in the 90s it was YOUR pilot group that sold out scope and got the RJ situation to where it is today.

It's alright I guess, better than your current situation no doubt. Growing? Sorta, and those orders are probably a carrot to get a bigger carrier to buy them. I do admit that right around when I was hired ('96) there was a push for more pay and not a lot of thought back then about RJs. Then the past management thought they could be a gold mine, and our current guys (like in the article) admit they AREN'T. They now are very inefficient, and they are all destined to go to the boneyard. When they come up for major MX, they probably will get parked for good. Comair's older CRJs are all going away, those MX checks are just not worth it apparently. You need to accept that fact.

Bye Bye---General Lee

same old tune outa JennyLeighs mouth, gonna be fun when they cave again, and those 100 seaters are sporting " operated by express jet"

Some people can't handle the obvious truth. The Comair guys thought THEY were the ones saving Delta. The problem is that many regional pilots got comfortable at their airlines after 9-11, taking their eyes off of the normal goal of climbing the ladder, and instead stopping halfway and demanding bigger planes half of the way up. Keep climbing guys, and reach for the stars!

Godspeed!

OYS

Wow. Really? Kinda hard to keep your eye on the mainline "prize" when you suffer years of mainline furloughs. Then the same b-tards that took part in selling out scope for bigger paychecks decide they deserve another five years at the top, leaving us all stranded in regional purgatory. Don't strain any muscles patting yourself on the back for climbing the ladder while us RJ pukes "get comfortable" trying to live out our daily lives on your B-scale.

Latest resources

Back