• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

50 seat Jets. Uncertain future?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hope you're right about scope. We all win if you hang on to scope. Money talks though. Never been to Hibbing but love the small town layovers. 5 minute van ride, nice people, Applebee's next door. All I need.

Last edited:
Hope you're right about scope. We all win if you hang on to scope. Money talks though. Never been to Hibbing but love the small town layovers. 5 minute van ride, nice people, Applebee's next door. All I need.

ding ding ding.... or how about layovers in DTW or JFK, LGA.... 30-45 minute van ride...completely ignored by all hotel staff..rooms never turned...

or

VLD. van driver waits at door, hot breakfast, outback next door. hotel staff treats you fantastic...

"2minutes 17seconds ago",Genny has the AP wire him directly, good thing DAL has onboard WiFi, even on short final Genny can post anti-RJ spew.

Just to add to the initial article (not the bickering back and forth). remember for all of you that work under the Pinnacle corporation, that somewhere in the number of 150 crj200 airline service agreements will be up in 2017. With 2012 right around the corner, does anyone think they have a great future at the regionals (especially 9E). I think if Delta keeps any of those crj200's flying in its system, it will be to a very low bidder. The 900's will stay and I sure hope that any mainline pilot group does not lose scope (i hope they tighten it up as a matter of fact). How are other regional airlines airline service agreements? When are their contracts up?

Nothing to get excited about...there will most likely be huge imminent orders for ATR72-500s or Q400NGs that will be flown by existing regionals...fuel prices will continue to rise uncontrollably...

Looks like turboprops of any size are unlimited at DL, UA and CO.

http://www.aanegotiations.com/images/Regionalaircraftlimitationsbycarrier.jpg

Might there be plans to recapture the markets abandoned by mainline with regional "At Risk" turboprop flying....? A return to the pre-CPA era?

Last edited:
Nothing to get excited about...there will most likely be huge imminent orders for ATR72-500s or Q400NGs that will be flown by existing regionals...fuel prices will continue to rise uncontrollably...

Looks like turboprops of any size are unlimited at DL, UA and CO.

http://www.aanegotiations.com/images/Regionalaircraftlimitationsbycarrier.jpg

Might there be plans to recapture the markets abandoned by mainline with regional "At Risk" turboprop flying....? A return to the pre-CPA era?

Those larger props actually take up too much room on the ramp, taking a gate away from a jet that could make even more money. I think CAL and UAL pilots now have seen how Colgan Dah-8-400s have taken the place of CAL 737-500s in the NE, and I know we have noticed that too. I have talked to my DTW reps and they are aware, and the new upcoming contract will hopefully tighten all scope, including large props, unless they are flown at mainline. Take it or leave it!

Godspeed!

OYS

Those larger props actually take up too much room on the ramp, taking a gate away from a jet that could make even more money. I think CAL and UAL pilots now have seen how Colgan Dah-8-400s have taken the place of CAL 737-500s in the NE, and I know we have noticed that too. I have talked to my DTW reps and they are aware, and the new upcoming contract will hopefully tighten all scope, including large props, unless they are flown at mainline. Take it or leave it!

Godspeed!

OYS

Maybe, I personally wouldn't bet money on Delta Pilots flying Q400s or ATRs anytime soon, be good for us regional guys who want to move on if they did though.

don't you ever get tired of being a complete ********************ing ******************************bag dip********************?

Some people can't handle the obvious truth. The Comair guys thought THEY were the ones saving Delta. The problem is that many regional pilots got comfortable at their airlines after 9-11, taking their eyes off of the normal goal of climbing the ladder, and instead stopping halfway and demanding bigger planes half of the way up. Keep climbing guys, and reach for the stars!

Godspeed!

OYS

Most of the super senior guys are on the way out in the next few years. The rest of the pilots were around during RJ proliferation, and they saw their own commutes get ruined, and all of the 727s go away etc. They all remember that. The new guys were RJ pilots, and they feel lucky to even be at a legacy or LCC. Even 1015 is looking at Spirit. That never would have happened a few years ago. If high oil is here to stay, then that is bad for a lot of people.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Nothing wrong with Spirit. They are making money and growing, which says a lot in todays industry. And stop blaming others. Fact still remains that in the 90s it was YOUR pilot group that sold out scope and got the RJ situation to where it is today.

Latest resources

Back