• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

5 frontier airbuses going to mke

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RAH is paying Boeing $600,000 per plane on the last nine 717s to terminate the leases early. (from his own lips during the Q2 conference call) That's basically pissing away $5,4 mil just to get rid of the Midwest pilots.

But the long-term savings are incredible. As you pointed out, the pilots get furloughed, but you also eliminate an entire airframe that you don't have to support anymore.

I was looking at tickets for Turkey Day week from PHX to CLE. Believe it or not, the highest price ticket I found was on Frontier.

PHX-DEN 2 hour sit A319 Departs PHX at 7:30am
DEN-MKE 3 hour sit A319
MKE-CLE on a E135 Arrives CLE at 7:47pm

Travel time 10 hrs 17 mins
Cost $643 Round trip

BB has got this figured out.

Return travel time is the same. But, a 4 hour sit in MKE.

Last edited:
I was looking at tickets for Turkey Day week from PHX to CLE. Believe it or not, the highest price ticket I found was on Frontier.

DEN-MKE 3 hour sit A319

Cost $643 Round trip

It's dumb question. Who wants go to CLE from PHX on F9?
PHX is US hub and CLE is CO hub. Same dumb question, who wants to
travel on Continental from MKE to DEN?

It's dumb question. Who wants go to CLE from PHX on F9?
PHX is US hub and CLE is CO hub. Same dumb question, who wants to
travel on Continental from MKE to DEN?

There was no question.

Orbitz offers F9 tickets. What I think you meant to ask is, "Why would anyone pay $650 and spend over 10 hours to travel from PHX to CLE?"

Always have to check all available options.

RAH is paying Boeing $600,000 per plane on the last nine 717s to terminate the leases early. (from his own lips during the Q2 conference call) That's basically pissing away $5,4 mil just to get rid of the Midwest pilots.

Not celebrating the facts in any way, but shortly after his clarification of the exit payments he stated that they also have $20 Million in parts that will be sold.

Bedford purchased F9 for approximately $109 Million.

He then paid himself back the $40 Million that he loaned us in DIP.

He also gets a share of the $28 Million dollar unsecured claim.

He also gets his hands on $160 Million that is currently restricted F9 cash.

Not bad.

With midwest, he paid $35 Million.

Approximately $19 Million of that $35 is restructuring costs (including the 717 returns).

$6 Million goes to TPG and $10 Million goes to cover a line of credit.

He walks away with the operation, $20 Million in parts, and $40 Million in restricted YX cash.

$60 million to buy F9 and essentially no outlay to purchase YX.

DEN-MKE 3 hour sit A319

Cost $643 Round trip

No-one has ever said we are the cheapest, in some cases the fastest either, but we still seem to fill those birds up to 85%+ capacity on a continuing basis (and most of the time with fares just like those).

I also would like to know what is wrong with $643? Everyone sits on here and beotches about how low fares are killing every airline, but when it comes to riding on 3 different planes between 3 different cities we complain and moan about a price that is actually respectable. So here ya go, finally a price that actually may pay for the flight itself versus us complaining about how a $79 RT between PHX-and CLE can't pay the bills on our respective airlines. Hmmmmmmm....:cool:

Dammit, sorry I'm late guys I was busy serving cookies on my $653 Scab flight. Mmmm Mmmm good! Hey Citation I'm in Mke right now, come on down and see me if you can borrow the car from your dad.

Not celebrating the facts in any way, but shortly after his clarification of the exit payments he stated that they also have $20 Million in parts that will be sold.

Bedford purchased F9 for approximately $109 Million.

He then paid himself back the $40 Million that he loaned us in DIP.

He also gets a share of the $28 Million dollar unsecured claim.

He also gets his hands on $160 Million that is currently restricted F9 cash.

Not bad.

With midwest, he paid $35 Million.

Approximately $19 Million of that $35 is restructuring costs (including the 717 returns).

$6 Million goes to TPG and $10 Million goes to cover a line of credit.

He walks away with the operation, $20 Million in parts, and $40 Million in restricted YX cash.

$60 million to buy F9 and essentially no outlay to purchase YX.

And he pays FOs $37/hr, most of which, haven't even attained that level. Yes, he is a man to be admired.

Latest resources

Back