• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

5 frontier airbuses going to mke

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anything less than doh would be a travesty for meh pilots. Not one of them should have to be a copilot again at a commuter. Doh would at least ensure protection for the meh captains and soften the blow for the copilots. My buddy, a 2000 hire, would make 80something an hr.as a 170 ca. I know most left at meh are in the 15-20 year range, and my heart goes out to you. What a nightmare!

Anything less than doh would be a travesty for meh pilots. Not one of them should have to be a copilot again at a commuter. Doh would at least ensure protection for the meh captains and soften the blow for the copilots. My buddy, a 2000 hire, would make 80something an hr.as a 170 ca. I know most left at meh are in the 15-20 year range, and my heart goes out to you. What a nightmare!

Date of hire will not happen. Personally, I don't think any of them will even be captain in the end. A judge ruled that for the purpose of arbitration, about 120 of them will be considered active, non-pay, non-benefit status. I don't know what that means exactly, but I take it to mean they bring no jobs to the table. The rumor going around Republic is that the most senior Midwest pilot will be junior to the most junior Republic captain. I wish them the best, but it's time for the Midwest pilots to realize their jobs are gone and aren't coming back. This arbitration was their only chance and the judge wouldn't even let them present their case.

I don't wish an ill fate to any pilot group but for the sake of this profession I hope that swa and Airtran put a stop to this mess quick.

As long as guys are willing to fly 100 seat airplanes for $20-30 an hour the race to the bottom will continue. Back in the day when you had to actually build time to get an ATP so you could fly charter or for a commuter, you wouldn't stand for this bull$hit pay. But now that you can get a job flying jets with 300 hours then I guess $20-30 an hour seems pretty good. Pilot groups in general are greedy and companies are cashing in on this big time. What happened to us at Midwest is just plain wrong and now that Republic and B.B got away with it, all the other narrowbody domestic pilots should be worried as well.

If moving 5 Airbuses to MKE makes the Frontier brand more viable, what is wrong with that? If MKE YX passengers have access to larger aircraft flown by Frontier pilots, what is wrong with that? I know that no one likes to have to change bases, or to start commuting, but some F9 pilots may actually want to go to MKE for personal reasons.

It's a good thing you were here to explain it all. Because I was thinking "if furloughing 1500 pilots from the RAH list, removing all ERJ's/CRJ's and closing every base but IND makes Republic more viable what is wrong with that?" and "if all the RJ's operated by RAH are gone and replaced by a 'mainline' with larger aircraft what is wrong with that?"
Yep, nobody likes to change bases, or to start commuting, but hey maybe some people at RAH might actually want to go to MCO for personal reasons." Oh wait, they closed that base. Maybe they will want to go to PIT, oh wait they closed that base too then re-opened it. Or maybe they will want to go FLL, oh wait that one closed too. Or how about BOS? Maybe FWA? Or how about DEN again?
Could it possibly matter if it is your base? Or will you just say that it will make RAH more viable if your base closes? Would you take a pay cut if it makes RAH more viable? I'm just wondering where you draw the line in the sand. If the 30/7 rule goes away and makes RAH more viable will you care? Junior manning? 7 days off a month instead of 11/12? But, but, but, but it makes RAH more viable!!!

SCABS? So did you declare a private strike that only you guys knew about?

I called it a scab flight and didn't call him one. I guess reading comprehension isn't your forte. How was those verbal scores on the SAT?

I am sorry. You are going to have to define "SCAB FLIGHT" for me. But I have a hard time imagining any definition where SCAB could be used when the term STRIKE was not also used. So back to my original question. When did you guys strike? It is just a different variation (a horrible horrible variation) of what has gone on since 2001. Mainline jobs going away and a subcontractor taking over the flying for the same company.

Latest resources

Back