• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

44 Upgrades Posted at RAH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Probably one of the more sensible post I've read in a while. Put yourself in our shoes though, it's difficult to discuss anything without being accused by someone of "gloating". I get tired of all the sour grapes soapbox preaching from other RJ pilots (not directed at you labbats just a general statement). Every single one of them in our shoes would do the exact same thing. Don't give me that "tacit" endorsement by choosing to work here BS. Our company hasn't hired anyone since the beginning of 2008. What do you want us to do, resign in protest? I'm not saying the Midwest deal isn't sleezy, of course it is, but we have zero control of deals made behind closed doors. Do any of you even know or care to know that our union has filed a grievance over the Midwest flying? I can't believe people get so wrapped up in their own bullcrap they actually start believing they are morally superior because they fly an RJ with 50 seats instead of 70. Rant over.

Your post is accurate too, but as a major airline pilot, my problem is with the few who have a lack of humility. They don't see the big picture and how others are hurt by their gain. Agree?

To the drizzle: if you think the dream is over then maybe you should be the one getting out of the industry. There are many of us trying to get back what we have lost(and stupidly given up) over the years. We are all responsible for the future of this industry.

You are all idiots.

The dream is over. If you are so miserable and so sick of the industry, go elsewhere.

Sounds like a plan...I was thinking of getting some sort of Poly-Sci masters and going into the FBI...

The look on my friends faces when I'm called Special Agent would be classic.

To the drizzle: if you think the dream is over then maybe you should be the one getting out of the industry. There are many of us trying to get back what we have lost(and stupidly given up) over the years. We are all responsible for the future of this industry.

Oh, I still have some hope. You may get back some of it, but we have people who still think that they are going to make 300k a year. Think they are going to finish up their trip, load up their '67 Stingray with the outrageously hot and easy flight attendants and take them out for a steak dinner and a good all american boning. I would stress enjoying your life, not complaining about the actions of others. You have no control.

Sounds like a plan...I was thinking of getting some sort of Poly-Sci masters and going into the FBI...

Seriously, I like my job right now. I like the people I work with. When I stop liking it, I'll stop doing it.

Would be better then watching their mouths drop when you tell them how much you really get paid to fly a Big Regional Jet.

To borrow a little somethin' somethin' from a Bob Dylan song...

You can please all of the people some of the time, and you can please some of the people all of the time, but you can't please all the people all of the time. I think Abraham Lincoln said that.

Trying to please the chronic malcontents on flightinfo is a lost cause, and frankly, just not worth it any more, and I said that.

Bye.

-Goose

The thrust levers felt better in my right hand.

One of the gayest things I've ever read on here...:rolleyes:

It's an RJ...and it's an RJ because your pay is crap.

you slime balls relish taking a job from some other "mainline" guy, slaping their company's colors on the side of your airplane and calling it your brand, your left seat, right seat, job, etc. You are a bunch of ******************************s. The only thing that should be in you right hand is a pink slip and a slap in the face like the little bitshes that you are. FV#CK YUO SCABS!!!!

you slime balls relish taking a job from some other "mainline" guy, slaping their company's colors on the side of your airplane and calling it your brand, your left seat, right seat, job, etc. You are a bunch of ******************************s. The only thing that should be in you right hand is a pink slip and a slap in the face like the little bitshes that you are. FV#CK YUO SCABS!!!!

Chill out man! I can understand you're probably a little tense but jeez. I work for Chautauqua and I don't really think it's right coming on here like the poster did and "bragging" about it either. Not very classy.

I keep reading all these post airline talking smack about each others airline. Why is it you guys only bash RAH about the 170 or 175 when other airlines have the same thing or even larger aircraft like crj 900. I am not sure but could it be a bit of jealousy. The truth is you guys all basically want the same thing. You all want a mainline job with mainline wages. Take a step back and study whats happening to your guys future and stop being part of the problem.

Latest resources

Back