• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

42.7% of JetBlue Pilots Have Apps Out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"When you strive for excellence, you'll be opposed by those who embrace mediocrity."

A fitting quote for this pilot group.....but sadly, we have folks embracing even less than mediocrity.

Send in a card. Tell your friends to send in a card.

"In business, you don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate."

No offense, but if you don't like it leave. This is where people come to complain.

Btw expectations are set by management. You weren't here to be told you'd get SWA -2% or any of the other creative misleading statements. So fine, you don't have to expect anything. Some of us expect more.

So you can only complain here.
Lay off ASA everyone can have a freaking opinion.
I hope if this union drive starts you guys figure out how to win hearts and minds because the crap on bluepilots and some of the stuff on here does NOT HELP.....you guys make the ELT look good.

Now back to complaining about the hell that is jetBlue......:angryfire

I hope if this union drive starts you guys figure out how to win hearts and minds because the crap on bluepilots and some of the stuff on here does NOT HELP.....you guys make the ELT look good.

Now back to complaining about the hell that is jetBlue......:angryfire

If one's opinion is seriously influenced by anonymous postings on the internet, then I don't think very much of that opinion.

The bigmouths always get the most attention, both from people of similar views and the opposing view. Raving lunatics will not get voted onto committees. Examine your current committee members. These are level-headed, reasonable people who will serve just as well on ALPA sponsored committees as they do on JetBlue sponsored committees.

The efficacy of company sponsored committees has run its course. It's time for a change, and what Barney anonymously types on Bluepilots doesn't change that.

If one's opinion is seriously influenced by anonymous postings on the internet, then I don't think very much of that opinion.

Think what you will but that opinion has a vote.
Who ever gets more votes wins.

Lets see ELT......2
Union........0

I would care about that opinion if I were you.

I am at home now with the fam, so I will only respond to a few posts, and only those that I don't consider harassing senseless BS.
Mathematically, changing the way we bid, and doubling the premium slot allocation will each on its own have about the SAME effect. Each will push the premium slots about an additional 5% of bidding seniority individually.

If you do both at the same time, you might get those slots down to the 20th percentile. Each on its own will get premium slots down to the 10th percentile.

So, even if you do BOTH remedies, you still need to be in the top 20% to get the premium weeks. But we will ALL suffer low bid divisors for 2/3 of the year and a slower growth rate by increasing allocation (not so with changing the bidding method).

Those peak premium weeks are THE LIMITING STAFFING FACTOR. If you increase staffing for those weeks, those pilots need to be carried all year, and we will ALL suffer the consequences of that.

Just in JFK A320 CA seat the company is about 100 weekly slots short of PSIA per month in June, July, August, November and December.

That is 500 slots for 400 or so pilots.

The management straw man argument, which was released about 36 hours after the PVC released its comprehensive study of vacation, is just scare tactic.

A simple work rule applied by other pilot groups would level manning in the off peak months by assigning vacation in those periods.

Vacation is not a bidding problem alone. It is bidding, allocation, distribution and PTV separate from PTS and bank.

The idea that management's only reason for not fixing vacation is that it would harm the pilot group is just nonsense and baseless scare tactic. Vacation is a monumental problem for Jetblue - read $$,$$$,$$$ each year and the gap will grow as 3 year pilots become 5 year pilots and 14 year pilots become 16 year and PSIA allocation gap grows.

Last edited:
All I've ever said is that I don't like the constant complaining. I realize things can improve here, but I knew that before I accepted a class date. I came here knowing that it wasn't Delta, so I have no expectation that it become Delta.

But you did have higher expectations than a healthcare plan on par with Walmart, right? Right?? Or a payscale somewhere near industry average, not 16-22% below? Or a retirement package somewhere near average, not 50% below?

Surely you did have higher standards than that, right?

Alright then. Send in a card and ask another pilot to do so.

But you did have higher expectations than a healthcare plan on par with Walmart, right? Right?? Or a payscale somewhere near industry average, not 16-22% below? Or a retirement package somewhere near average, not 50% below?

Surely you did have higher standards than that, right?

Alright then. Send in a card and ask another pilot to do so.

His bar is a regional job. Anything better is.....better.

3A mystery number
40+ Delta recalls soon exiting
FAA duty/flight/rest regulations taking effect
All majors hiring next year

Spicy

Poor misguided soul. The cognitive dissonance runs deep in him.

"Gee, at (insert lousy regional airline here) we had to eat 3 turd sandwiches a week but here at bluejet, I only have to eat 1.5 turd sandwiches. I love bluejet".

"What's that you say? At (insert real airline name here) you get to take vacations with your kids in the summer? Or have a real medical plan that doesn't change on an ad hoc basis? Or have real retirement contributions? Or have real dispatchers that don't route you through level 5s and actually answer the acars when entering a hold or diverting?"

"It doesn't matter. Pass the blue gloves. I want to clean the cabin in front of customers. It's what makes me 'special'. I love bluejet."

Do you feel better?
I don't think he said anything like that.
The funny thing is you took the job as well or maybe they forced you into it.
We have work to do here and I don't think a-- clown posts like this help us.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back