• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

42.7% of JetBlue Pilots Have Apps Out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I could care less if you disagree with anyone. However, you have apparently been here less than a year and you are on point with nearly all the management talking points that have been recycled over the past 5 years.

I think you just told everyone reading this BBS that Jetblue pilots get 12 days per month potential "vacation like days off" each and every month per their contract and any pilot could string those into 15 days off in a row.

I think most understand your view of days off is sort of Vacation as being idoitic.

Those parcing of words is straight from The Robs COO conference call.

I haven't listened to a single call. I said that because I just did that with my own schedule. If I can do it as junior as I am, then most people can.

I never said that was vacation though. All I said was that it is untrue to say that you cannot take time off with the kids during the summer.

I haven't listened to a single call.

Educate yourself. Listen to our "leaders".

I guarantee you will see things differently if you really listen to the language they use. Your opinions will have a better foundation when they are built on data. You cannot collect data while wallowing in ignorance.

And trust those of us who have been here for a few years.

Listen to the calls.

Educate yourself. Listen to our "leaders".

I guarantee you will see things differently if you really listen to the language they use. Your opinions will have a better foundation when they are built on data. You cannot collect data while wallowing in ignorance.

And trust those of us who have been here for a few years.

Listen to the calls.

All I've ever said is that I don't like the constant complaining. I realize things can improve here, but I knew that before I accepted a class date. I came here knowing that it wasn't Delta, so I have no expectation that it become Delta.

"you knew the xyz before you were hired".

Another recycled talking point.

ASA_whatever has missed the context of Dave Barger telling each and everyone of us to help him get the data of what is peer average.

Dave said he wanted us to be like DAL. 6 years later ass A$$_licker is pointing the finger at pilots and say we are complaining.

Those that have been here longer have been extremely patient only to have the rookie whose wife pays for everything tell other how it should be.

If we all had spouses or parents that took are of all or most of the reasoniblities then we could really grow this airline fast since everyone could be paid less than SkyBus!

Last edited:
"you knew the xyz before you were hired".

Another recycled talking point.

ASA_whatever has missed the context of Dave Barger telling each and everyone of us to help him get the data of what is peer average.

Dave said he wanted us to be like DAL. 6 years later ass A$$_licker is pointing the finger at pilots and say we are complaining.

Those that have been here longer have been extremely patient only to have the rookie whose wife pays for everything say QOL not pay is what is most important.

This is why I blocked you in the first place. You're a buffoon who isn't worth listening to.

Did Dave Barger, Russ Chew and the rest of ELT say they wanted Jetblue pilots to PSIA?

DAL, CAL, NWA, SW, UAL, AirTran, AA and Airways?

They did. So the expectation was here before your wife told you to get out of ASA.

You should have known that before you applied!!

So STFU and stop bitching about what you accepted.

All I've ever said is that I don't like the constant complaining. I realize things can improve here, but I knew that before I accepted a class date. I came here knowing that it wasn't Delta, so I have no expectation that it become Delta.

No offense, but if you don't like it leave. This is where people come to complain.

Btw expectations are set by management. You weren't here to be told you'd get SWA -2% or any of the other creative misleading statements. So fine, you don't have to expect anything. Some of us expect more.

I agree 100%. I didn't post well.

Our vacation problem is mostly not enough allotment and some of it is due to the bidding.

Our pilots are largely convinced that fixing the bidding will fix everything and I am just making sure we all understand the main problem.

My main point: the company saves an enormous amount of money by not allotting enough vacation. The way we bid must also change, but doing this alone will fix almost nothing.

I am at home now with the fam, so I will only respond to a few posts, and only those that I don't consider harassing senseless BS.

Mathematically, changing the way we bid, and doubling the premium slot allocation will each on its own have about the SAME effect. Each will push the premium slots about an additional 5% of bidding seniority individually.

If you do both at the same time, you might get those slots down to the 20th percentile. Each on its own will get premium slots down to the 10th percentile.

So, even if you do BOTH remedies, you still need to be in the top 20% to get the premium weeks. But we will ALL suffer low bid divisors for 2/3 of the year and a slower growth rate by increasing allocation (not so with changing the bidding method).

Those peak premium weeks are THE LIMITING STAFFING FACTOR. If you increase staffing for those weeks, those pilots need to be carried all year, and we will ALL suffer the consequences of that.

Latest resources

Back