• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

4 refineries out of commission for weeks to months

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We are talking about huge rigs that require roads and heavy trucks belching out fumes and noise 24/7. So how about we do that in your backyard, make you breath that stench, pollute your water supply, and drive you to insanity from all the noise.

You know absolutely nothing about how oil gets from the ground to your fuel tank. Nothing whatsoever. You could not be more wrong. You clearly have never even seen an oil well.

What you need to do is quit this childish name calling, stop stinking up the forum with your insane belching, and go learn something about oil production.

JimNtexas said:
You know absolutely nothing about how oil gets from the ground to your fuel tank. Nothing whatsoever. You could not be more wrong. You clearly have never even seen an oil well.

What you need to do is quit this childish name calling, stop stinking up the forum with your insane belching, and go learn something about oil production.

And you need to get your head out of the sand sir. Open your eyes and realize that there are alternatives to Big Oil. Why do you have a problem with that? Or is your problem with people who disagree with you and/or challenge yoru misguided perceptions of reality.

Take your redneck banter somewhere else or come up with a viable solution that doesn't involve destroying what few unspoiled lands we have left or polluting the very Earth we depend on for life unless you want to see a dead planet one day. Oh...wait, you'll be long gone by then so who cares right? Let somebody else deal with the mess. Once again...the "I've got mine so screw everyone else" right wing extremist doctrine.

DonVerita said:
How about we set up a few oil rigs on your suburban block. Then we'll see where you stand on this issue.

I'll happily set up an oil well in my backyard, for a fee of course! You are a complete dumbass. Fuel cells don't work, hybrids get the same mileage they just make more power/better acceleration.

As far as the environment. I deer hunt a lot and the best habitat for the deer happens to be old strip mines, the vegetation is so thick that they have all kinds of places to hide. The variety of wildlife in these old mines is incredible. I'm all for drilling so that we don't have to depend on our oil coming from some two bit dictator's well.

Last edited:
Because there have been acreage figures about how much land would be affected, and its a very small portion of ANWR. Drilling rigs are not kept on the site permanently. They are there for the drilling portion, then they are removed.

Do you think you can adultly discuss the issue without juvenile name calling? I have not called you names, and I have tried to talk maturely about a subject to you, and I would appreciate the same consideration.

Okay, lets look at how much land is affected from a shopping mall and its parking. Its going to be on the order of several hundred acres probably, or in that ballpark. And look at how much traffic those generation, thousands and thousands of cars a day, spewing pollution.

Oil spills are not a certainty when drilling. Why would anyone want to waste a commodity like that? Spilling oil doesnt gain anything. THere is no reason any oil has to hit the ground at all.

The president is not in charge of the cars we drive, or how much gas we burn. That is up to us as citizens. If people demand alternative fuels, it will happen. I wish people would drive fuel efficent cars, and conserve natural resources, since none of our resources are infinite.

But we should be logical and rational about things, emotionalism and name calling gets us nowhere.

destroying what few unspoiled lands we have left

There you go with the "destroying" nonesense again. You really ought to visit Luling, Texas. Its a 30 minute drive from KAUS. Thats a real place that really exists. They really have oil wells in neighborhoods and playgrounds.

That's a fact. You ought to try and join the reality based community and learn some basic facts.

At least my bike gets about 45 mpg. But most important are the nurses that want to go for topless rides! :D

inthewind said:
At least my bike gets about 45 mpg. But most important are the nurses that want to go for topless rides! :D
Now THAT's a type of conservation I can support!!!

inthewind said:
DonVerita said:
. . . <snip>. . .I'm all for drilling so that we don't have to depend on our oil coming from some two bit dictator's well.
I'll do you one better. How about we just go in and kick the dictator's a$$ and take his oil. Geeze, how many times do we have to conquer Iraq's oil fields just to give them back to "the people". . . . the Roman Empire didn't stay on top by setting up Democracies around the globe. . . .

Last edited:
DonVerita said:
. . .<snip>. . .I hear Hummers are at rock bottom prices now. Why don't you go and buy one of those. Get a shiney black one so I can get a nice can of white spray paint and tag it with the words, "GLUTTONY" on the side so all of your neighbors will see what a candy a$$ you truely are.
My gosh, do you carry a purse also? My neighbor came over and liked it so much HE'S going out shopping for a larger pickup truck also.
As for "tagging". . . . dude, that's just queer. . . .

Latest resources

Back