• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

4 Additional DAL 700s for AtlSE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since you can't just drop the subject with this pilot vs. pilot crap.

"Great" lands on a taxiway at the end of a second consecutive all nighter, the second one with no break and a last minute sidestep with no backup.

"Awesome" crashes a perfectly good CRJ after joking about drinking beer in flight, switching seats in flight to take pictures, and flying into the coffin corner then not knowing how to restart the engines and missing all available airports nearby that the awesome pilots could have glided into.

Hate to brake it to you but, right or wrong, people at every airline screw up. Wish it wasnt so, but its a reality we must face and learn from. While the RJ crash was completely avoidable and caused because a lack of professionalism, the Delta landing on M was a pilot mistake as well. If you blame it on the second consecutive all-nighter, blah blah blah..., and that is the reason, perhaps he/she should have called in fatigued because they were not fit to fly. Not trying to point fingers, but when you pilots over at Delta learn to man up and stop trying to blame everyone for your mishaps, people may begin to have more respect for you.

- Fly Safe!!

Hate to brake it to you but, right or wrong, people at every airline screw up. Wish it wasnt so, but its a reality we must face and learn from. While the RJ crash was completely avoidable and caused because a lack of professionalism, the Delta landing on M was a pilot mistake as well. If you blame it on the second consecutive all-nighter, blah blah blah..., and that is the reason, perhaps he/she should have called in fatigued because they were not fit to fly. Not trying to point fingers, but when you pilots over at Delta learn to man up and stop trying to blame everyone for your mishaps, people may begin to have more respect for you.

- Fly Safe!!

"Wind check":beer:

14,480 posts!

Ygbfsm!

And you've read every one of them! Stalker. Don't worry, there will be more.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

- Fly Safe!!

Ummmm, not really correct. First of all, there is NO excuse to land on a taxiway. That is BAD. Second, the way you stated it was incorrect. The flight left Rio with 3 total pilots, since flight time was well over 8 hours. Sometime after takeoff from Rio, one of the pilots got sick, and was incapacitated, and had to stay in the rest seat. They elected to continue onward towards ATL, but two of the pilots had to fly for an extended amount of time without a real break, and that unfortunately lead to the event that occurred. Is it easy to fly near 10 hours without a break? No. Should anyone land on a taxiway? No.

And, btw, who the heck are you? Being one of the largest airlines in the World, this airline had very few accidents or incidents all year long. Safety is a priority, but sometimes things happen. How about you get off your own high horse?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Never said there was an excuse, but I have never heard a Delta pilot say that the pilot that landed on Twy M screwed up. I agree there is no reason ever it should have happened but you, like all other Delta pilots blamed an abnormally long shift rather then just admitting someone messed up. All I hear is excuses like illness, fatigue, ... There is NO excuse for it period. I have flown back from South America and Europe while flying part 91, well over 8 hours and I did not land on a taxiway! So again with your excuses. My whole point of the post was that like it or not people do mess up, and unfortunately there is no 100% way to prevent it. But we should all learn from mistakes rather then denying they ever happened or coming up with false justifications.

So again, Fly Safe!!!!
And General Lee, get a girlfriend/boyfriend or at least a blow up doll. You will probably find it's much more enjoyable then FI.

Never said there was an excuse, but I have never heard a Delta pilot say that the pilot that landed on Twy M screwed up. I agree there is no reason ever it should have happened but you, like all other Delta pilots blamed an abnormally long shift rather then just admitting someone messed up. All I hear is excuses like illness, fatigue, ... There is NO excuse for it period. I have flown back from South America and Europe while flying part 91, well over 8 hours and I did not land on a taxiway! So again with your excuses. My whole point of the post was that like it or not people do mess up, and unfortunately there is no 100% way to prevent it. But we should all learn from mistakes rather then denying they ever happened or coming up with false justifications.

So again, Fly Safe!!!!
And General Lee, get a girlfriend/boyfriend or at least a blow up doll. You will probably find it's much more enjoyable then FI.

Know it all jackwagon. Lee answered your dumb post, and then you brag that you USED to fly over 8 hours with NO PROBLEM. You are the one who needs a blow up doll.

"Great" lands on a taxiway at the end of a second consecutive all nighter, the second one with no break and a last minute sidestep with no backup.

A sidestep that they willingly accepted don't forget. Listen to the tape at 7:40

They were NOT forced into accepting it.

Latest resources

Back