• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

30 year Career: US Legacies vs Emirates/Qatar/Ethiad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No one arguing with his choice of women....however one of the things I do like about being an expat pilot is the high professional brand representation that is expected in uniform.

Never critique those who seek to honor the profession...Overt PDA in uniform is a no no.

Just go to the immigration line in any Asian hub and compare the foreign & US crews.

No comparison...happy to be with my crew ...always... As the United skipper famously said to the EK capt..."one of yours for all of mine"

fv

Jesus, sounds like a *************************g nightmare. I understand the money is great but don't you guys miss living in the states, BBQs with the family?, drinking beer on sundays watching football?, holidays, American culture etc...having the protection of the union "just in case". I know I'm oversimplifying it but there isn't enough money in the world for me to live the expat lifestyle......[/QUOTE

the middle east is one thing but I work and live in south china, in shenzhen..
it is quite nice, and we have all those things and more...no union but tax free money higher than senior us legacy captain..

asian girls are young , sweet, obedient and good...real good...once you've had a sweet spring roll, you'll never eat a big fat bologna sub again.

a 20 year career at a legacy is 8 years in china.....hey, i get 12 years of life added to my retirement.

Thanks for the Insight I was more specifically talking about the Middle East, from what a few friends flying in China tell me, I think I "could" do that, just can't ever see doing it in the middle east

that's cool...just having fun with a good topic...funny thing is this ain't for everybody...i love it...absolutely..but i don't know about the middle east....don't think i could do that either...India became like living in a jail cel...your hotel room...and working my butt off...no life at all.....in south china with hong kong next door, plenty of western food, many great italian rest and tex mex, etc......it's a good gig... all the best to you

What's the latest on hiring at Etihad? You can't mention the name on Pprune due to lawsuits (yeah, not a good sign).

Can anyone recommend Etihad? I have a good buddy who got furloughed from World and he is considering the ME but got no reply from EK.

Keep checking their website. The MEast usually goes in this order of preference:

EK, EY then QR.

FZ is a decent option...beggars can't be choosers. They are all doable for the right minded person.

EK/Dubai still a good gig and life is good. Not naive to the fact that it can all change with one fook up...it is what it is.

fv

Why not Middle East? Personally, I don't want to deal with China... At least everyone here speaks English, I have all the major brands and chains here from The Cheesecake Factory to Baja Fresh. UAE ain't Saudi...

Why not Middle East? Personally, I don't want to deal with China... At least everyone here speaks English, I have all the major brands and chains here from The Cheesecake Factory to Baja Fresh. UAE ain't Saudi...

Food and quality of living is WAY WAY better in the Middle East than China, I fully agree..

Even the local food is way better.... Let me see here, Kababs, Shwarma, and Falafel vs chicken feet and pork lung soup???

Hum? I love Chinese food, but then again I love middle Easter food as well, thinking about it, I love food from all over the world.......!

It is not one size fits all gentlemen, I know people that love the ME and others that can't get the hell out quick enough! The same with China, Japan, Singapore, Panama, Chile and so forth!

We spend too much time comparing and recommending one thing or another, that is a flawed approach, the differences between all these places is what makes it interesting!

Latest resources

Back