• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

30 year Career: US Legacies vs Emirates/Qatar/Ethiad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about an older captain with a double breasted jacket and red triangle on his hat making out with his young Japanese honey publicly in the lobby of the Osaka Hilton a few weeks ago. I have never seen a lobby full of appalled Japanese glaring at one time....now I have. Now that's a class act.

regarding mamacitas....

I'd rather fly down south than east/west. Personal pref. Plus, it seems to be more ... errr accepted down there to do what men might just do.

It all depends the level of the wife happiness. I would say more than half of the EK guys that are married will take a job at the bottom of United to keep wife happy.

I've never seen a happy wife.

Try to keep your seniority number back home if you can. Working for Emirates is fun but I sure wouldn't want to spend 25-35 years here. It's a good place to wait out a furlough or save some money the last 10 years of your career. Some can enjoy a career here but others might struggle.

Dubai can get old. You can only go to the mall so many times. Everything and I mean everything here is based on commerce. It costs money to go to the park. Some people love it others go crazy...Just make sure you do your homework before giving up a SWA number.

I've been happy here but I have an escape route lined up if things go south. Oh and be prepared to discover that all pilots from the USA are worthless aviators. We can't follow SOP's, don't follow proper RT, and are generally poor aircraft operators...lol You need a thick skin!

Jesus, sounds like a *************************g nightmare. I understand the money is great but don't you guys miss living in the states, BBQs with the family?, drinking beer on sundays watching football?, holidays, American culture etc...having the protection of the union "just in case". I know I'm oversimplifying it but there isn't enough money in the world for me to live the expat lifestyle......

Last edited:
BBQs with the family?, drinking beer on sundays watching football?, holidays, American culture etc...having the protection of the union "just in case". I know I'm oversimplifying it but there isn't enough money in the world for me to live the expat lifestyle......

Thankfully there are many other things that you can make your point with, all these points you mentioned are good reasons to try the expat lifestyle for a while :rolleyes:

Jesus, sounds like a *************************g nightmare. I understand the money is great but don't you guys miss living in the states, BBQs with the family?, drinking beer on sundays watching football?, holidays, American culture etc...having the protection of the union "just in case". I know I'm oversimplifying it but there isn't enough money in the world for me to live the expat lifestyle......[/QUOTE

the middle east is one thing but I work and live in south china, in shenzhen..
it is quite nice, and we have all those things and more...no union but tax free money higher than senior us legacy captain..

asian girls are young , sweet, obedient and good...real good...once you've had a sweet spring roll, you'll never eat a big fat bologna sub again.

a 20 year career at a legacy is 8 years in china.....hey, i get 12 years of life added to my retirement.

How about an older captain with a double breasted jacket and red triangle on his hat making out with his young Japanese honey publicly in the lobby of the Osaka Hilton a few weeks ago. I have never seen a lobby full of appalled Japanese glaring at one time....now I have. Now that's a class act.

that is their problem not his..he's comfortable in his skin and he doesn't live his life seeking the approval of others....so don't judge him....you don't know about his life...and since when do you have to lik the muff of a chick the same age as you...is it a new law?....fat a$$ american women are so passe.

Latest resources

Back