• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2nd and 3rd year at SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I made a little more than $100K my third year just flying my line and not picking up any extra flying. I was doing mostly 3 day trips with an occasional 4 day trip every other month.

I fly 16-17 days per month=115-125 tfp per month. 7yr FO, I'll do around 185 this year. Adding my retirement from "Brand X" and my businesses, I'll do 275...

I fly 16-17 days per month=115-125 tfp per month. 7yr FO, I'll do around 185 this year. Adding my retirement from "Brand X" and my businesses, I'll do 275...

Take away your transgender operation and changing your name to Chaz-jet, and you are back down to $130K.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Internally names have been posted for Nov and Dec interviews. It did say a few names would be added for Jan interviews. Maybe a few calls to go, but I'd say the majority of the calls are complete.

Was there an email sent to fill out secondary information? Or did they just select from the initial online app and uploaded resume?

-Thanks

Yes that is correct.You will have alot of SWA pilots try to say different but you are correct. BWI LAX pays same as LAS LAX. That is why the senior pilots fly 12 legs a day doing LBB turns. the junior pilots fly two legs blocking 8 hrs.

Back to my IPA :)

Does this mean the 717 will start to go senior come 1-1-2015? Just wondering.

2015 the 717 will not be the only other A/C to bid beside the 737

Just saying :)
Be careful what you wish for. SWA has been successful because they kept their costs down. Flying only 737's has been a big factor in that equation. As you try to take on the legacies with their lower costs than before and get squeezed from the bottom by airlines like VA and JetBlue (pax's seem to really like them) adding a different type A/C and flying long haul routes were you won't have the high productivity advantage could hurt. You would have to compete solely by service. A lot of people prefer the legacy type service over the LCC type service for long haul flying. Laker, PeopleExpress, ATA, all didn't do that great trying to compete with the legacies, and that was when the legacies had much higher relative costs.
Also, you just took on a bunch more employees that are not exactly feeling the LUV that you guys do, that could change things going forward too. I'll be surprised if there aren't some lawsuits that come out of the fact that 'Gary' used strong arm tactics to force the AirTran pilots to vote against their will and prevent a realistic chance at arbitration.

I'll be surprised if there aren't some lawsuits that come out of the fact that 'Gary' used strong arm tactics to force the AirTran pilots to vote against their will and prevent a realistic chance at arbitration.

Oh for fugk's sake.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back