• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2nd and 3rd year at SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The beauty of the system is the choice is yours. You want to stay home with the family more and commute less, fly your line and give some away and be home 18plus days a month. The problem is once you see how efficient the trips are and how quickly your trips for pay increase picking up is hard to pass up (I am referring to straight pay since I am a little junior for premium). The real fun comes when you get reroutes etc... This used to be the kiss of death at my old regional because of cancellations. Here you usually end up with more pay during weather/cancellation trips.

I heard 140 emails went out, 90 plus returned within 60 minutes, other 50 or so still need to have a call or return email. Check you email guys!

Can you put your profit sharing in your 401k?

Nope. Separate accounts, but both tax-deferred. I believe there's a few common ways in both to invest your money, but since the accounts are administered differently, the majority of investment choices are different between the two. The 401-k is administered by SWAPA (rated one of the top in the country, by the way), and the profit sharing accounts are administered by the company. It's kinda' like a second 401-k account. Kinda'.

Hope this helps,
Bubba

Yes-
BWI-SAN pays the same as PHX-SAN, but you do get a card saying the company Luvs you, and two extra rations of kook aid on the longer flight....

So, you are paid the same for a 3hr flight as a 1hr flight? $ per trip right?

Exactly right. BWI-SAN pays the same as PHX-SAN. but you do get two extra rations of koolaid on the longer flight...

Just to give this thread a little perspective. Most here understand SWA is a place to be for the LONG TERM. We didn't come here for first (or second) year pay. We came for a career NOT the first three years
. I'm a mid senior Captain, work an extra two or three days a month and am on track to exceed $285k in 2011. I get 5 weeks of vacation that I parlay into a minimum of 14 days off per week awarded. The water is good here!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back