2nd and 3rd year at SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Linedriver

Just curious, what does a 2nd and 3rd year FO make? After the conversion, a little extra flying, blah, blah, blah... What are some W-2's?

2nd is 84.65 and 3rd is 94.25 a trip. 100 trips a month times 12 months. Several people fly more, and only a few fly less.

I have RJ Pilot bills to pay, so I fly minimum 125 trips a month (no premium time for JR me). Easy to do as jr. weekend lineholder (310 hrs TAFB, per diem $2.15). If you want to work hard, vacation and training months can bring you up and sometimes over 145 trips. I am on 4th yr pay of $104.03. Gross $13,000 plus per month. Not boasting - I earn it....and my great employer values my work ethic and the "bottom line."

I have RJ Pilot bills to pay, so I fly minimum 125 trips a month (no premium time for JR me). Easy to do as jr. weekend lineholder (310 hrs TAFB, per diem $2.15). If you want to work hard, vacation and training months can bring you up and sometimes over 145 trips. I am on 4th yr pay of $104.03. Gross $13,000 plus per month. Not boasting - I earn it....and my great employer values my work ethic and the "bottom line."

Last year, one third at 3rd year, two thirds at 4th year pay, I grossed 144...worked my Ass off for me (135trips per month) since 5th year pay, only do 100 per month, usually 16-17 days off a month, I can hold no premium which is fine with me, I enjoy the QOL I have, I commute, different strokes for different folks! I do 20% to 401k, hit the 16500 cap on august 20th check, instant pay raise and Easy Street for me personally!

You can make as much (or as little) as you want here, the quicker you figure out the system the better!

Later,
KBB

What is first year pay?

100tfp = 17 days off, roughly.

A "normal" pilot can average 7.5-8tfp/day. Absolulute MIN pay/day is 6.5tfp or .74tfp/duty hr whichever is greater.

Lines are built to 90-103 trips usually. From 16-20 days off.

Reserve = 15 days of work/mo.

Last edited:
What is first year pay?

$50.17/trip

All extra fly paid at 2nd year rate of $84.65tfp
(extra fly is what all other pilots pick up at straight pay- for probies that's almost $10 more per trip than premium and it's easier to get bc most of the rest of us hold out for premium- and we can steal any trip assigned to a reserve at straight pay all the way until departure (though most of us ask the reserve what they want if it gets too close to dept and they've already driven in))

For the OP, I made $108k in my mixed 2nd/3rd year

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back