• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

27000 to 7000 in 1 minute

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only credit I give them, is for ruining a good airplane. It will be interesting to see what the FAA thinks.

EXACTLY...417knots in a dive is what...about 480mph and they wonder what happened to their horizontal stab?

sheesh...

Fully depressurizing the cabin was the big mistake. Once they did that, I think we can all agree that the emergency descent was a good idea. Raising the cabin pressure slowly to take pressure off the windshield is the recommended procedure in most airplanes. Dumping the cabin quickly could actually cause it to implode.

Fully depressurizing the cabin was the big mistake. Once they did that, I think we can all agree that the emergency descent was a good idea. Raising the cabin pressure slowly to take pressure off the windshield is the recommended procedure in most airplanes. Dumping the cabin quickly could actually cause it to implode.

After you shoot yourself in the foot getting medical attention is certainly a good idea.

In typical fashion the media has it completely wrong. They are praising these guys for landing the damaged airplane and have no idea that the damage was really the crew's fault. As has been mentioned here a spidered windshield is not that big of a deal. Happens quite often likely hundreds of times each year. Most crews handle it without totaling the airplane.

that is what 330 feet per second?

Once they did that, I think we can all agree that the emergency descent was a good idea.

I'm not so sure they are the ones who actually initiated the decent, they just woke up to stop it. Turns out, pickling the autopilot might have saved them, otherwise they might have been a lot further south, still at FL270.

Everyone is assuming that what the article is correct, about IMMEDIATELY depressurizing the cabin. That part was not a direct quote and I can see a reporter taking something that they said to that effect out of context.

Latest resources

Back