• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2300 signatures and counting!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, ok.... I'm having a little trouble believing 2300.
Reporter: "So, you're trying to decertify ALPA?"
USAPA Prez Guy: "Yeah, we're collecting cards. It gonna be really neato."
Reporter: "Really, how many do you have?"
USAPA Prez Guy: (rubs neck, scratches head considers what number will be useful to his cause) "We've got, approximately, 2300."

I'll wait for the count by the NMB, and the eventual Federal Judge. Oh, and if it fails the eventual whining by USAPA about tampering and obstructionist tactics by the company, ALPA and General Lee.

USAir East, you guys are a new kind of lame... I will now call you multifaceted lamosus that's right: "MFL's."

Congratulations! You've got 2300 short-sighted morons who don't even realize that dumping ALPA will still not invalidate the arbitrator's ruling. You should be very proud. :rolleyes:

WOW! I dont work over there, and Im pretty new to the game, but it sure seems like US Airways is always the ginny pig when comes to these things. I feel bad for you folks caught up in this stuff.

2300 whiners with zero integrity. You should all be proud...

How's about when you have spent over two decades working for an ALPA carrier, only to see your retirement stolen and no chance of ever upgrading to the left seat, while youngsters who were in kindergarten when your career started, hired scant years ago by some regional airline that happens to fly Boeing and Airbus products, are now senior to you; then you can go around calling people names.

Whiners? Are you for real?

Congratulations! You've got 2300 short-sighted morons who don't even realize that dumping ALPA will still not invalidate the arbitrator's ruling. You should be very proud. :rolleyes:

I suspect you would feel a little less smug and clever were you wearing their shoes. Sit down with an Airways East guy or gal sometime and ask them about their career. You'll be singing a different tune.

PS-Are you one of those guys who goes around calling his fellow pilots short-sighted morons but also complains vehemetly at the slightest suggestion of Legacy pilot snobery directed towards Air Tran? respect

So "Career expectations" or "Date of Hire"? I have no idea. I think people are gonna get screwed either way.

I suspect you would feel a little less smug and clever were you wearing their shoes. Sit down with an Airways East guy or gal sometime and ask them about their career. You'll be singing a different tune.

I sat down and talked with dozens of Airways pilots in LGA when I was working on the Colgan drive for ALPA National. I sympathize with you guys, and I do think you got screwed on the arbitration award, but that doesn't justify the actions that some are taking with the decert drive. It will do no good to nullify the award, but it will do much harm to the Association, the profession, and even your own pilot group.

PS-Are you one of those guys who goes around calling his fellow pilots short-sighted morons but also complains vehemetly at the slightest suggestion of Legacy pilot snobery directed towards Air Tran? respect

Not exactly sure what you're getting at or how that applies to the current discussion. To answer your question, though, I understand when Legacy pilots complain about how the LCCs have dragged down the profession in the past. I hope that all of us at AirTran will vote down our current TA and raise the bar in the future.

This will be another 5 page thread of the same fight.

LJDVR and the likes will never accept the age and los differentials in the nicolau list.

They conveniently ignore that 18 yrs = bottom of list in the pre merger world, while 18 yrs at AWA = senior captain. This IS the way it was and is the basis for EXPECTATIONS. Now things are trending up, they are trying to re-write this reality.

It is what it is (Nic still stands with either union) and it was what is was (pre-merger realities) - The new reality is more fighting and bs rhetoric from all involved...we are not on a path to solutions at the moment.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back