• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2300 signatures and counting!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can hardly wait until the next merger involving USAIR. The west guys will cry bloody murder when they get the same treatment that the East got.

"But, I have 5 years with USAIR! How can I be below one of your new hires?! This is complete B*ll********************!" LOL

Time is ticking.... Its going to be a doozey

That's right Grog, it's all their fault. What would you do in their shoes? Honestly. I'm fortunate to not have to worry about it, but if I were, say a 1982 hire based in PHL or CLT, I's be so pissed off I couldn't see straight. Having lost everything, my guess is I'd be willing to try anything to effect any change.

So, what would you do? Sit around and take it like a man, after a lifetime of paying dues?

They haven't lost "everything"... they still have a well paying job, which was far from certain before this mess was announced. What they have lost is due to piss poor mgmt. year after year. I can empathize with the east for all they've been through, but now they want payback - and they're attempting to get it from the awa pilots.

East wants movement from their attrition when the fact is their attrition only helped them remain employed through the downsizing, it hadn't provided them upward movement for several years. At the same time west guys had seen slow and steady upward movement for the last several years that has turned into stagnation since the merger announcment. Some "windfall"!

In one of the latest examples of spin the East MEC put forward on how the West FOs where going to steal their upgrades they talked about a junior AWA FO that will upgarde with 12 yrs in becasue of the NIC award where he wouldn't have upgraded until 22 years in without it. That sounds like a total windfall until you realize the average AWA upgrade was 7 years and had been for a very long time, now that same FO has to wait 5 more years WITH the NIC award to upgrade - some "windfall"!

I don't know why I waste my time pissing into the wind with these "gods of aviation" -
Now that I think about it... I used to emapthize with them but now I just have no respect for them.

The longer the East folks delay the inevitable, they longer they will live with their current $hitty work rules.

Think about that!

What cracks me up is the arrogance of the ALPA lovers who have the audacity to think the Nicolau award is the only reason that the East pilots are going to decertify ALPA.....

The award, and its consequences, were the straw that broke the camel's back. Prater coming to CLT and telling them that the arbitrator can do anything he wants and doesn't have to apply ALPA's nebulous merger policy? Are you @#$@#ing kidding? No ALPA group would ever agree to arbitration if they figured the arbitrator could do whatever he wanted without addressing ALPA's merger policy. Disingenuineous at best, an outright fabrication at its worst.

I signed my card.

PCL: Your career has been nothing but paying for your job and a wild ride up the ladder.....to say the USAir East guys are morons when you have had to endure nothing that they have had to removes all doubt who the moron is. Further proof is the fact that you would follow ALPA into outer space without even a thought of the consequences.

A350

Last edited:
Are you a professional, or just like one of the thousands of American’s who always blame their problems on someone else? A professional plays by the rules, because the rules govern the game. Get the best legal help you can to ensure you understand the rules and then be a professional and play ball. Or I guess you can just say you aren’t responsible for your own conduct and your own problems and your neighbor or relative or some other “unknown” fellow American is.

We at AWA are professionals and we played by the rules. We engaged with the East for a two year ordeal. Informal Talks, Federal Mediation, Federal Arbitration. ALPA has stated there is no instance of the process not being followed. When the East lost in Arbitration – they got pissed and want to re-write the verdict. Every ALPA pilot who talks about “brotherly love” “his union sister” “the fellowship of being an aviator” should be outraged at the way the East is conducting this. There is no “fairness” in this, only an “I’m gonna get what is owed to me at all costs” methodology – sounds like thug tactics doesn’t it? Nobody at AWA weeps for the East guys because we never made $200+ an hour like they did. Their MEC and their union reps, in conjunction with their management made the history of US Air. 2 bankruptcies and an 18 year guy at the bottom of the list is not AWA’s fault – it belongs squarely in Philadelphia and with every pilot who was there. Each of us is responsible for the success or failure of our union representatives. If you don’t like your job, have plan B, and when your job goes south, move on to something else. If you are an Adult and have kids, I hope you are teaching that – all of us need Plan B for a Rainy Day. So the East’s mess is not the West’s fault and we are just tired of hearing it – it is a broken record in PHX and LAS. The West has stopped hiring, stopped upgrading (50 dudes through June 08), and suffered backwards movement as we shore up the East operation. Our 737s are going away. We are plowing money into PHL like ship through a goose.

For every other ALPA member you will bear the cost of the East’s hanky-panky. They are suing the West MEC and ALPA – every ALPA member’s dues will go to defend the costs. Expect your insurance premiums to go up. Expect there to be less money if a hurricane hits and you need help from ALPA’s disaster fund. We at AWA are just those un-experienced youngsters that pride themselves on following the rules and maintaining a professional response. We will continue to hold the high ground, not engage in “decertification” tactics, and continue bargaining with management in an effort to improve the contracts of both East and West pilots. The sooner the East gets on board, the quicker the entire process will move forward for all ALPA pilots. Most of us just vote to let the East guys continue to go under (I say give ‘em more rope) and then we’ll pick up whatever is left over and move on with it. We want to build a new US Airways and they want to breathe air into a long dead US Air and keep the corpse alive. We will build an awesome new US Airways with or without them.

All I'm saying is that if you were in their shoes, you'd be pretty upset too. How about some empathy?

You are sueing us and you want empathy???! Don't forget the fact that many east pilots have stated they will never vote in a joint contract; thus holding all our wages down at industry bottom levels. Lets not forget that the east MEC did not want to give west pilots access to your jumpseats.....and you want empathy....lol. Every step of the merger process was followed and agreed to by both parties. You guys epitomize poor sportsmanship.

That post is spot on MK82man. Very well reasoned and PROFESSIONAL.

Every other ALPA group needs to realize what's going on here.
------------------------
Every ALPA pilot who talks about “brotherly love” “his union sister” “the fellowship of being an aviator” should be outraged at the way the East is conducting this. There is no “fairness” in this, only an “I’m gonna get what is owed to me at all costs” methodology – sounds like thug tactics doesn’t it?
------------------------

You are sueing us and you want empathy???! Don't forget the fact that many east pilots have stated they will never vote in a joint contract; thus holding all our wages down at industry bottom levels. Lets not forget that the east MEC did not want to give west pilots access to your jumpseats.....and you want empathy....lol. Every step of the merger process was followed and agreed to by both parties. You guys epitomize poor sportsmanship.

Hey Green, read the posts a little more carefully, bro. I fly for a different legacy carrier. (My bio should be your first clue.[an airways pilot with only 7K hours?])

MK82, Nicely written intelligent post. Thank you for helping to educate me on the other side of this issue without the seventh grade name calling and lack of reading comprehension your peers have displayed.

I wish you guys the best. ALL of you.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back