• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

200 more furloughs at USairways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MCDU you are WRONG!!! FOLKS lets get the FACTS: America West DID NOT BUY US Airways!!! STOP saying that because you begin to show your ignorance. Airbus and Air Canada put up billions of dollars to bring America West and US Airways together in a merger. America West DID NOT have billions of dollars to buy US Airways! America West like US Airways needed the ATSB loans after 9/11 to stay afloat. Had they not received the loans, America West would be history today. Even Doug Parker said that! I don't have a dog in this fight, but I at least know the facts! Yes as a result of the merger, America West management stayed on to run the merged company and the headquarters were shifted to Tempe, AZ. But America West did not buy US Airways. As far as America West being a POWERHOUSE, a powerhouse of what? America West repeatedly was being dogged for their poor on-time performance and were catching heat from the local media in Phoenix for their poor quality of service. Amercia West was desperately trying to find a merger partner and sought AirTran, and ATA as merger partners before merging with US Airways. So MCDU lets slow your role and deflate the my privates are bigger than yours ego here. America West needed this merger as Doug Parker said to move forward.

MCDU, are you going to take that? Tell him how wrong he is. LOL

OK shark..before you post next time, you and MCDU and the rest of the USAir dreamers need to schedule a play date and decide if you're all going to be sarcastic or if you're all going to spew drivel about AWA on FI. When you go different directions and then end up arguing with each other...it's just really sad. :laugh:

Before the merger AWA was THE place to be. Folks were leaving UPS, FEX, SWA in droves and beating down the doors to get in.

Before the merger AWA was THE place to be. Folks were leaving UPS, FEX, SWA in droves and beating down the doors to get in.

No, UPS, FEX, SWA (and AWA) is where all of the furloughed (and active) Useless Crashways pilots were trying to get jobs at since their "Cream of the Crop" job was rapidly circling the bowl headed for the drain along with all of the other turds..........

:cool:

No, UPS, FEX, SWA (and AWA) is where all of the furloughed (and active) Useless Crashways pilots were trying to get jobs at since their "Cream of the Crop" job was rapidly circling the bowl headed for the drain along with all of the other turds..........

:cool:

Yep, and those that couldn't get on at those outfits were coming to AWA. Why is that? Because they new at least AWA WOULD STILL BE AROUND.

AWA was upgrading and hiring. Then they bought USAIR that took huge sacrifices to survive with all their cash. If AWA did not buy AAA, they would not have had to furlough and AWA would still be upgrading. AWA was a powerhouse, that made alot of money back then. You should have seen how many pilots AWA were hiring. Now they are tied to the Titanic.

DOH stinks. So what that a pilot with 19 yrs. gets put behind a newhire. AWA was hiring and a strong viable airline that never would have furloughed due to strong hubs in LAS and PHX.

M

Powerhouse?? ATSB loans?? maybe that part slipped your mind......

I have no dog in the fight, I just call it like I see it.

MCDU, are you going to take that? Tell him how wrong he is. LOL

OK shark..before you post next time, you and MCDU and the rest of the USAir dreamers need to schedule a play date and decide if you're all going to be sarcastic or if you're all going to spew drivel about AWA on FI. When you go different directions and then end up arguing with each other...it's just really sad. :laugh:

LOL....Thanks! But I'm not interested in getting into a fight with anyone. I think we all get tired of folks stating false information as MCDU was. America West did not buy US Airways and that is a FACT! America West and US Airways are the only two major airlines that had to rely on ATSB government money to stay afloat, FACT! The two companies had a great opportunity to take advantage of their strengths and now it seems they are beginning to squander that. What a shame. Now as far as America West pre-US Airways being a powerhouse....hmmm, I will let you guys have fun with that! One more thing, I don't have a dog in this fight which means I don't work at US Airways.

Parker only wanted to get his hands on US Air's source of cash - east coast hubs. The slave-wage contract was a nice bonus. Who cares about costs, when you can slash and burn to keep your head above water.

The problem is when you start messin' with the real assets - east coast hub gates. Once they're gone - forget it. I wouldn't be surprised if WN hasn't already claimed the BOS gates for themselves.

People aren't worth anything, but gates are priceless - or so it seems.

Latest resources

Back