• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

200 more furloughs at USairways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Haven't you guys figured it out yet? On Jan 1, 2010 - LOA93 and the east pilot's contract is amendable. That means that USAPA will be filing a grievance about LOA 93 and the end date of the pay rates (where the 18% cut in hourly pay rates) revert back and then becomes amendable - and this is what the company disputes. So now - if the company loses the grievance and has to revert back to the original pay rates - they have additional leverage in which to negotiate the rates ie - we will recall all pilots if USAPA agrees to not file a grievance or in the event the company loses the grievances.

It is typical scare tactics - shock and awe with the announcement.

Metrojet

If the east is successful on the snap-back issue (which I seriously doubt) the company will immediately drop the east down to minimum block hours.

You do know that they are well above the minimum now, right?

That flying will transfer back to the west before you can say "Cleary is an idiot". West pilots will be recalled and the whipsaw will swing the other way.

On the other hand, if snap-backs are unsuccessful, the east is going to "show em", right? In which case, west will be recalled to cover the flying.

It's a win-win either way for west. The only way out of this is a combined contract with the Nic in place.

AWA purchased AAA in the same way most of us buy a home or car. You go out and use your good credit to secure financing and buy the thing you want. For God's sake, why is this such a difficult concept? It sure wasn't AAA going out and borrowing money on THEIR good name to put the deal together.

Look, don't have a dog in this fight, just like 'shark' but like him; just get alittle tired of the BS and misinformation. Shark is A LOT closer to the truth than you are, AWA did not 'purchase' AAA, didn't have any 'credit' or anything to 'borrow' on; but as he clearly states, believe what you want.

Anyway, 'Thebad*************************' if you can tell me the exact name of the man who put this 'deal' together, the 'money, financing, commitments, etc' then I will believe you know what you are talking about; otherwise, you don't, so STFU. (hint; it was not D. Parker)

As I said, don't have a dog in this fight, but not sure why you seem critical of shark when he is closer to the truth than you are. All you have to do is give me the name, as i stated above, and I will believe you know something, or anything??

For what its worth.

PD

Look, don't have a dog in this fight, just like 'shark' but like him; just get alittle tired of the BS and misinformation. Shark is A LOT closer to the truth than you are, AWA did not 'purchase' AAA, didn't have any 'credit' or anything to 'borrow' on; but as he clearly states, believe what you want.

Anyway, 'Thebad*************************' if you can tell me the exact name of the man who put this 'deal' together, the 'money, financing, commitments, etc' then I will believe you know what you are talking about; otherwise, you don't, so STFU. (hint; it was not D. Parker)

As I said, don't have a dog in this fight, but not sure why you seem critical of shark when he is closer to the truth than you are. All you have to do is give me the name, as i stated above, and I will believe you know something, or anything??

For what its worth.

PD

Wow. Pretty testy for someone who "doesn't have a dog in the fight".

All the information you seek was presented to George Nicolau during the arbitration hearings. SEC filings proved that AAA was within days of liquidation.

Do you have any idea what the cost of capital is for a company that is in it's 2nd trip through BK in two years? Someone had to borrow the money to put the deal together. One of the companies was a decent credit risk, and one of them wasn't. Nobody loans that kind of cash without looking at the "fico" score of the company. AAA needed AWA, or someone else with brighter prospects to pull their butts out of the fire.

This is not to minimize the value that AAA brought to the transaction. I think, at the time there was a lot of potential in the merger. It's just too bad that has been squandered by people who cannot or will not live up to their end of an agreement.

Believe what you want. In a financial sense, early in 2005, AAA couldn't get laid in a cathouse.

Wow. Pretty testy for someone who "doesn't have a dog in the fight".

All the information you seek was presented to George Nicolau during the arbitration hearings. SEC filings proved that AAA was within days of liquidation.

Do you have any idea what the cost of capital is for a company that is in it's 2nd trip through BK in two years? Someone had to borrow the money to put the deal together. One of the companies was a decent credit risk, and one of them wasn't. Nobody loans that kind of cash without looking at the "fico" score of the company. AAA needed AWA, or someone else with brighter prospects to pull their butts out of the fire.

This is not to minimize the value that AAA brought to the transaction. I think, at the time there was a lot of potential in the merger. It's just too bad that has been squandered by people who cannot or will not live up to their end of an agreement.

Believe what you want. In a financial sense, early in 2005, AAA couldn't get laid in a cathouse.

Well, all that babble, and all I did is ask you if you knew the answer to the question that I ask; and of course, You DON'T. ENUFF SAID, you don't know the answer, so you don't know what you are talking about.

I proved my point, I said enough on the subject, continue arguing with with the internet. Done.

PD

Here is a hint for Thebadcat1313. His name starts with a B and he likes Lakes.

M

At what point is RAH a competitor with US Airways and Parker continually doing business with them is a conflict of interest?
US Airways is established in LGA, PHL, CLT, MCO... why are they shrinking when Jet Blue and Southwest are expanding? If US Airways is truely losing money its because of their leadership. DP is way out of his league. This company needs to be employee owned.

Oh my jesus......employee owned?

Let me guess because the UAL employee owned was such a success. Kid get back in line you are out of your league with statements like that.

US East has been in touble for years, a LCC owned by empolyees when half the employees can't even agree on how to line up? Yeah...thats the answer.

Well actually (and I even said Cactus "bought them" but I am wrong) both companies merged. I just did some background and see the "old" Cactus stock ticker symbol, and the "old" US Airways stock tickers, got shelved and a new one was issued, call "LCC."

This is what happens in a merger, when two companies merge (allegedly this was a "friendly merger") and a new animal is born out of the ashes.

While Cactus did not technically "buy out" US Air, it does appear they ram-rodded the merger, which it was, a merger.

It should be noted that the new stock started trading at $20 right out of the box, in approximately October 2005, hit a high of $60+ in December 2007, then basically went down after that.

It now trades at $3.

It should be noted that the new stock started trading at $20 right out of the box, in approximately October 2005, hit a high of $60+ in December 2007, then basically went down after that.

It now trades at $3.

Ahhh.....you can never go wrong shorting an airline stock....

God bless America!

Latest resources

Back