20 year 747 FO makes $86/hr is latest at Kalitta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Captain pay blows for a 747.
Yeah, it does not look good on paper, BUT a senior Kalitta can make 15 to 20K if he works overtime and stays on the road for the month.

As for 20 year F/Os...Well, in theory that could happen at a stagnant major...With no expansion and no hireing Pan Am had some 20 year F/Os, with Kalitta I don't see it happening due to expansion, turnover, retirements, etc.

That's funny- Kalitta Captain making 15K~20K if he works overtime. You must be smoking crack cocaine. Who in the world would spend a month continuous on the road but a tre Kalitta whore.
Not smoking anything, just passing on a piece of info 'cause somebody was asking info on Kalitta pay.

What is yer beef with Kalitta pilots anyway?
Yer girlfriend ran away with one...?

How does the amount of posts tell if he is "baiting" or not?
I have had thoughts of Kalitta. They may have had their problems but who has not. Would you not go to BA because they flew a 747 w/ 3 engines half way across the WORLD? Back in the day USAir had their problems( runway excursions). Hell an UAL crew almost flew a 747 into a mountain. Ual almost ran there bizness in the ground.. :D
Most everyone has a legit opinion but a few just like to flame. Pick out those people and IGNORE them. :cool:

Aye, so the kraut is flame baiting?

He did not light my fire, I don't work for Kalitta and never have.

Been flying Saudi Hajes alongside those guys and have a few friends over there.

Just like the other scum-bag non-scheds, it is not a good place to work, nor a bad place to work.....It is a job with a pay-check for christ sake.,,

Ask the Pan-Am guys, ask the Eastern guys, ask the Braniff guys, the Midway guys, etc, etc.....Thousands of them guys lost everything and had to file personal bankruptcy..They could not carry a credit card for 7 years...

Connie Kalitta and similar firms would look pretty good while on the un-employment line.
Been there, done that and I respect the Kalitta dudes for working long and hard hours hauling freight across the planet...Not sure I would raise my glass and salute arseholes like Lufthansa 727...Propably spit in his face and drink instead.

:rolleyes:

six year jetstream CA at Regions Air-$29.50/hr...

Hmm, I was there 18 years ago..Twin Otter captain for Eastrn Metro Express, $20.00 per hour..Guarantee of 80 hours..That would be $1,600.00 per month.
Don't remember any per-diem..We had no lay-overs.
Working overtime I would occasonally make $2K per month or more...As in 100 to 120 hours per month with no autopilot or air-conditon.

Not complaining however, that was the last job before getting into big jets.
All of a sudden there was work-rules and autopilots and medical/dental and more...:cool:

CSY Mon said:
Just like the other scum-bag non-scheds, it is not a good place to work, nor a bad place to work.....It is a job with a pay-check for christ sake.,,

Ask the Pan-Am guys, ask the Eastern guys, ask the Braniff guys, the Midway guys, etc, etc.....Thousands of them guys lost everything and had to file personal bankruptcy..They could not carry a credit card for 7 years...

Connie Kalitta and similar firms would look pretty good while on the un-employment line.

:rolleyes:

No offense but this commentary makes me feel like an idiot for trying to pursue this career.

Latest resources

Back