• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

17 Dead in Montanta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Icing? Was there weather enroute? The pic that I'm looking at showing the burning wreckage shows a crystal clear day with the sun out.

Was this single piloted? If so here we go again people with $$ but ok trusting the health and judgement of one pilot. A risk I'm sure not presented in the trip quote to these surely innocent pax's

Everybody seems to be blaming their favorite issue on this one. Single pilot? It was a 91 trip, if there was a "quote," it was an illegal charter.

The NTSB reps that have indicated ice, also stated that icing in turboprops is something they have been pushing the FAA to tighten their certification standards for. Now there is an accident, and that is the first cause out of their mouth.

Single engine pax carrying IFR? Only a few people have implicated that. I'm sure if there is a failure of some sort, the Pilatus people will be thrilled.

Personally, I think it is because of the low pay pilots are forced into because of the economy. I'm trying to figure a way to blame Obama, but I'll have to get back to you. If Bush were still around...

Everybody seems to be blaming their favorite issue on this one. Single pilot? It was a 91 trip, if there was a "quote," it was an illegal charter.

The NTSB reps that have indicated ice, also stated that icing in turboprops is something they have been pushing the FAA to tighten their certification standards for. Now there is an accident, and that is the first cause out of their mouth.

Single engine pax carrying IFR? Only a few people have implicated that. I'm sure if there is a failure of some sort, the Pilatus people will be thrilled.

Personally, I think it is because of the low pay pilots are forced into because of the economy. I'm trying to figure a way to blame Obama, but I'll have to get back to you. If Bush were still around...

1. you can have a quote for a 91 operation. Its called a lease agreement. Very legal. Someone with an existing lease agreement wants to know how much the flight will cost him.....bang, there is a quote.

2. Low-pay pilot? You know how much this guy was making? just because he is flying a PC-12 does not mean he was low pay.

From what I just read on AP it quoted the owner of the plane who was the father of 2 of the women and grandfather of 5 of the children aboard. Very sad story.

Fly safe.

You didn't completely miss my point. Ok, maybe you did.

As soon as there is an accident, everyone uses it to justify their cause.

I have no idea what the pilot makes, but my issue right now is pilot wages are dropping, therefore, that is what I think caused the accident.

In this particular case, I can't imagine someone with a lease arrangement not understanding that it is a single pilot operation. My point being, Jimmyw took his personal issue of Single Pilot ops, and immediately tagged that as the cause of the crash. Not arguing either side of that particular issue, there is no evidence at this point that anything regarding to one or two pilots on the airplane was causal to the crash.

You could fly through an SLD layer at altitude, pick up ice that goes behind the protected areas, and if the temperature is below freezing all the way down, it wouldn't become a problem until you slowed down or even until when you put the flaps down. Seems like most aircraft flight manuals say to make a zero-flap landing and increase Vref speeds by a considerable margin if there is ice present aft of the protected areas. Of course, you can't see the tail, but if it is on the wings aft of the boots, it most likely is on the tail aft of the boots as well.

Just one of many possible reasons for this accident. The frustrating thing is we may never know exactly what happened here for certain since it was non-radar, no FDR, and there were no radio communications indicating anything was wrong.

Latest resources

Back